P500 Is there supposed to be a weld here??

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
That’s the plan. Ordered some green plastics yesterday. Liked the blue but I like the dark green better. Looking at a roof and windshield next.
I've got the cloth top and like it. It doesn't develop rattles, and even though my machine is outdoors in New Mexico for the last couple years, it hasn't gotten sun damaged. Bought the Super ATV flip up windshield, works great, but if you're over about 5' 10" the bottom edge will be right in front of your eyes when it's open.

G

gtistiffler

I've got the cloth top and like it. It doesn't develop rattles, and even though my machine is outdoors in New Mexico for the last couple years, it hasn't gotten sun damaged. Bought the Super ATV flip up windshield, works great, but if you're over about 5' 10" the bottom edge will be right in front of your eyes when it's open.
Thanks. Got my plastics and went the Honda roof.

66C91ECA 7B80 43FB 9CD6 758586E0F3A0

M

MarkAlan

Dec 10, 2019
Huntsville, AL
Ownership

1. 500
I am glad to see that you were able to go have fun with it. Have you ever been out on the trails a Eglin AFB? I didnt have the 500 when we lived down that way, but I would take my Wrangler out on the trails. At that time you just had to get a pass to ride on them. We lived off 98 in Santa Rosa Beach, in Church Street Village.

G

gtistiffler

I am glad to see that you were able to go have fun with it. Have you ever been out on the trails a Eglin AFB? I didnt have the 500 when we lived down that way, but I would take my Wrangler out on the trails. At that time you just had to get a pass to ride on them. We lived off 98 in Santa Rosa Beach, in Church Street Village.
I haven’t. I’ll look into that, thanks!

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Please tell me where you find a highly experienced tech for the rates these corporations pay. If you find one Im willing to make a road trip.
Call Mac's Cycle in Clarkston Washington. Only have Ivan do the work, he is a master BMW mechanic. I have been around the mechanical industry all my life and he is probably the best natural mechanic you will ever find. When I ran the parts and service department we had people ride 600mi from Seattle just to have him work on their bikes. He has been to every school available for BMW ,Honda, Suzuki, and BRP. ,

Reactions: TripleB
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Call Mac's Cycle in Clarkston Washington. Only have Ivan do the work, he is a master BMW mechanic. I have been around the mechanical industry all my life and he is probably the best natural mechanic you will ever find. When I ran the parts and service department we had people ride 600mi from Seattle just to have him work on their bikes. He has been to every school available for BMW ,Honda, Suzuki, and BRP. ,
Curious, whats his preference between honda and brp and which does he think is better?

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Curious, whats his preference between honda and brp and which does he think is better?
I do not have a good answer for that, however he did prefer the Honda line for off road consumption when he worked for me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!