DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
A few weeks back i got a new phone because my old LG is losing its ability to charge due to the micro USB port wearing out. I got a Samsung Galaxy a10e, which would be considered a budget phone I'm sure. But then again so is my previous LG...

The UI on this phone is absolute s***. To make a call, you go to the phone app and I usually use recents right? You tap the number. Rather than call...it expands and gives you the option to text/block/voicemail, etc. And call. If I really wanted to text, wouldn't I use the f***ING TEXT APP?
This would have been ok had it been given the ability to tap and hold to "skip" the options, but doing that only brings up a check box for deletion.

Copying a number to search is also a multistep process that's far more difficult. These are 2 examples of many where this phone is a few steps backwards from my old LG.

My question is: I'd this a Samsung thing, or is the PIE OS simply this way? I'm wishing I had gone with another LG.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Is there not a little phone icon next to their name in recents? I use a Pixel 2XL and it works the same way, so I don't think it's a touchwiz (Samsung GUI) issue.

Reactions: DG Rider
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A few weeks back i got a new phone because my old LG is losing its ability to charge due to the micro USB port wearing out. I got a Samsung Galaxy a10e, which would be considered a budget phone I'm sure. But then again so is my previous LG...

The UI on this phone is absolute s***. To make a call, you go to the phone app and I usually use recents right? You tap the number. Rather than call...it expands and gives you the option to text/block/voicemail, etc. And call. If I really wanted to text, wouldn't I use the f***ING TEXT APP?
This would have been ok had it been given the ability to tap and hold to "skip" the options, but doing that only brings up a check box for deletion.

Copying a number to search is also a multistep process that's far more difficult. These are 2 examples of many where this phone is a few steps backwards from my old LG.

My question is: I'd this a Samsung thing, or is the PIE OS simply this way? I'm wishing I had gone with another LG.

Hehe....just buy an iPhone.
A5DE762C 9E10 47C1 9A11 DCE92DC39187

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Tapping on the phone icon calls the person instead of pulling up the menu.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Must be the os doing that. I have had numerous Samsungs and none have the screen shown by @Adam490.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Must be the os doing that. I have had numerous Samsungs and none have the screen shown by @Adam490.
That's stock Android 10 on a Pixel so I'm sure it's different, I'm not familiar with the Samsung GUI other than what I've got on the tablet.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is there not a little phone icon next to their name in recents? I use a Pixel 2XL and it works the same way, so I don't think it's a touchwiz (Samsung GUI) issue.
No...you have to expand again to get the phone icon...

Recents...
Screenshot 20191003 113243 Phone

Expand into this...
Screenshot 20191003 113254 Phone

By this time, you've hit 3 taps, not including screen unlock with the home button, and swipe to open.
If there's a way to change it, I'm all for it.

Iphones are like German cars...

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Recents...
View attachment 159029

Expand into this...
View attachment 159030

By this time, you've hit 3 taps, not including screen unlock with the home button, and swipe to open.

Eww... sorry I couldn't help!

Reactions: DG Rider
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Recents...
View attachment 159029

Expand into this...
View attachment 159030

That’s tedious.....iPhone is three taps to unlock open phone and dial. Two if I have a short cut setup

Hahahahah

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Imagine the difficult horror of having to type or dial all 10 digits of the phone number each time.

2 clicks to call is no big deal, sound like a tempest in a teacup.

As far as I know all Android 8 and 9 devices work like you described offering 4 options per contact.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Imagine the difficult horror of having to type or dial all 10 digits of the phone number each time.

As far as I know all Android 8 and 9 devices work like you described offering 4 options per contact.
ROTARY and the number had zeros!!!!!

Reactions: DG Rider and JACKAL
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

Go back and read the thread. I agree, 2 clicks would be awesome...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Recents...
View attachment 159029

Expand into this...
View attachment 159030

Swipe their name right to call
Swipe left to text

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!