P1000 Is your Pioneer at a Huston dealership for a underseat fan?

michdave

michdave

Apr 28, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just saw this pop up on my Instagram page and the execution of this dealers under seat fan and insulation seems a little concerning. I’m not sure if this is a members machine, but if so, I would question why they mounted the fan and insulation that way that they did. Take a look at the picture. Maybe I’m over thinking it, but it certainly looks like the insulation is going to choke that fan out. Also, the fan is just pointed down at the skid plates and don’t think it will effectively force the hot air out of the engine compartment. I just don’t think it’ll yield the results the owner may be wanting.

I'm not trying to call out a dealer, but at the same time, I don’t want to see someone taken advantage of when they put trust in a dealer.

E954D387 8BC2 4053 BE43 1B9E461EBE53

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudder
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Yeah, not overly effective either. I’m sure it’s being charged a bunch of shop labor too.

Even the mat isn’t wide enough.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya you want to cool across the exhaust out the back. Like Vikes said that’s going to be muck less effective. Basically a noise maker.

michdave

michdave

Apr 28, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I PM'd the dealer and they thanked me for bringing it up and that they're bring it up to the tech who installed it.

And like Viking said...I'm sure who's ever it is is getting charged 2-3hrs shop rate for it plus parts. I wouldn't be happy if I dropped 4-5 bills and it didn't work that well.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I don't think it matters where you point the fan.
If the air moves a little bit it will cool off.
Look at the old Kawi Teryx, it had a small fan with some bent up beer can propeller on it blowing hot air off the radiator back along the consol tunnel.
Worked like a charm until the motor was submerged one too many times.
It dose not take huge air movment or mega high efficeny to be effective.

Not saying that fan is the best but there are all sorts of fans mounted every which way out there and no one is saying it got hotter.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don't think it matters where you point the fan.
If the air moves a little bit it will cool off.
Look at the old Kawi Teryx, it had a small fan with some bent up beer can propeller on it blowing hot air off the radiator back along the consol tunnel.
Worked like a charm until the motor was submerged one too many times.
It dose not take huge air movment or mega high efficeny to be effective.

Not saying that fan is the best but there are all sorts of fans mounted every which way out there and no one is saying it got hotter.
But if you’re going to do a fan, especially pay to have it done, why not put it where it’s going to work better?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!