P500 ITP Mud Lite XTR

Stikbow

Stikbow

Jun 22, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Everyone,
I am now considering the ITP Mud Lite XTR for my P500. I'm looking at the 26x9x12 or 27x9x12 for front and 26x11x12 or 27x11x12 on back.
Looking at the ITP spec chart it shows that the 26's are 26.7" and 27.2" respectively and the 27's are 28.0" and 28.5" respectively.
I will be using ITP Delta steel wheels with 5+2 offset.
This leaves me with a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer with certainty.
Is the chart accurate?
If the chart is accurate, will the 27's fit without any modification or cutting and if so is it a good idea to go that big?
With that offset, about what will be the overall width?
Please let me know what your experience has taught you so I don't have to pay for any unnecessary mistakes.
Thanks.

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Never heard of any complaints. They've been around a long time. Fairly aggressive.The 27's should fit fine. Always skeptical of spec charts but ITP's have a lot of info. Any tire's actual height depends on rim width, rig weight, and comfortable pressure without peelin off the bead. Some tires are just stiffer than others. Definitely heavier. You may like a 4-3 for the rear for a little extra width. Massive upgrade from stock!!!!!

Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The XTR is great all around tire that does great in the mud. 26” size is as big as I’d go as not to lose to much power. Be careful with aftermarket wheels. Some brands offsets are not true and will widen your stance excessively and defeat the purpose of a compact SxS. ITP regular Mudlites are cheap and are a phenomenal all around tire and are lighter.

Stikbow

Stikbow

Jun 22, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the replies and the information. It helps to get input from people who have more experience. I'll let you guys know which way I go and try to get some pics up when I get it done.
Thanks again.

Reactions: Isaiah
Stikbow

Stikbow

Jun 22, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
P5 tires 2
P5 tires 3
P5 tires 4

Stikbow

Stikbow

Jun 22, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
HI everyone,
I went with the 26" ITP Mud Lite XTR 9's on front and 11's on back. Put them on ITP Steel 12"wheels with 5+2 offset.
Ended up 52 1/2 wide front and back. Got 2 inches more ground clearance (measured on hard surface).
I appreciate the input and for now I'm very happy. We'll see after a few trips to the woods.
Thanks

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!