BOX1

P500 IT'S HERE! - New Pioneer 520 released...

FlyingPot8oh

FlyingPot8oh

Oct 31, 2020
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
The reason I ended up with a P1 was no bed on the P5, the dump bed wouldn't have made a difference, the dump bed's greatest asset is for cleaning on the PI, really liked the size of the P5. But made the right choice for us, two people and three dogs wouldn't fit very well in a P5, I had no:):) idea the pups would love to ride as much as I.:)

I'm not sure I understand. You bought an expensive, large, effective jeep that can't drive on roads just because you have dogs?
I assure you that many P-500 owners are also dog lovers.

I won't begrudge the purchase of a P-1000, it is an impressive machine. It's also very big and relatively heavy. That's a problem where I live. Um... dogs aren't, and they can walk.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I'm not sure I understand. You bought an expensive, large, effective jeep that can't drive on roads just because you have dogs?

I won't begrudge the purchase of a P-1000, it is an impressive machine. It's also very big and relatively heavy. That's a problem where I live. Um... dogs aren't, and they can walk.
If you’re trying to be joking with your latest replies, it doesn’t come off that way. Just saying as you are a new member, and to keep the general public forum sections in a positive tone.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC

Ya know if it doesn’t effect you why do you give a s***. So just drop the db attitude. I take my dog on rides all the time hell she’s my best friend and I wouldn’t have it any other way. If smitty335 wants to buy the biggest mfer to take his dogs with him I say hell yeah because I’m sure he loves his dogs just as much as I love mine.

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know if you meant to, but you pretty much made my point.

If the Pioneer 500 "only" make some 32 horse power, so what? Max torque? Useful load? What are you using it for, and where?
You gonna use that power to spin the wires into the ground? Stuck is stuck.

Also, I'm confused: You ran a chopper? I can't imagine you meant a helicopter.
sileage chopper, for cow chow. and now my cousins run a 650hp self propelled monster. far cry from back in the day!

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my 1000 is a dog hauler aswell

Girls

Yellowbeast

Yellowbeast

May 29, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 500
Having a box has been great. I saw the 520 has an assisted lift, wonder how much weight it can lift? But am curious to see a comparison of the new enhanced smoother shifting feature. Sticking with the hondayamma, too many mod$$$.

View attachment 233189
Where did u get that bed and how much did it cost. I got to much money in my 15 p5 that I’m not trading in just for a dump bed. But I like that bed you have.

FlyingPot8oh

FlyingPot8oh

Oct 31, 2020
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know if you meant to, but you pretty much made my point.

If the Pioneer 500 "only" make some 32 horse power, so what? Max torque? Useful load? What are you using it for, and where?
You gonna use that power to spin the wheels into the ground? Stuck is stuck.

Also, I'm confused: You ran a chopper? I can't imagine you meant a helicopter.
If you’re trying to be joking with your latest replies, it doesn’t come off that way. Just saying as you are a new member, and to keep the general public forum sections in a positive tone.

Um. Maybe read my comment again. I wasn't being snarky. Ok, maybe a little assertive.
My point was, buy the P-1000 because it's the right fit, not because the others don't fit. If you want a Jeep, get a Jeep. Well, that's a whole other subject, I don't know why that's the only live axle option in the USA. Give me a Patrol or a 70-series Land Cruiser as an option.
sileage chopper, for cow chow. and now my cousins run a 650hp self propelled monster. far cry from back in the day!

I'm a bit confused as to the negative replies to my post. Thank you for the clarification. "Chopper" must be a regional term that I was not familiar with.

FlyingPot8oh

FlyingPot8oh

Oct 31, 2020
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 500

Um, you did see that I describe the P-1000 as an EFFECTIVE jeep, right? It's a quality machine, it has a lot of great features. But, as I said, it isn't road legal, and it's very large (the second might have been justifiable, but for the first). Buying one just because you're going out to walk your dogs doesn't seem especially sensible, and intimating that anyone who buys something smaller than a P-1000 is somehow cheating their four-legged friends seems... unfair.

Anyway, who do you think you are? Admonishing me because I'm new here? Why do you insist on building a hostile environment to newcomers? Do you relish your exclusivity so much that new people should be shut out all together? Nice. Such a warm welcome. Positive tone indeed.

FlyingPot8oh

FlyingPot8oh

Oct 31, 2020
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Ya know if it doesn’t effect you why do you give a s***. So just drop the db attitude. I take my dog on rides all the time hell she’s my best friend and I wouldn’t have it any other way. If smitty335 wants to buy the biggest mfer to take his dogs with him I say hell yeah because I’m sure he loves his dogs just as much as I love mine.

Why do I care? It does effect me, it effects us all. Why are we here? If it's not to share information and opinion, we might as well go back to watching cat videos on youtube. Why are you so ready to launch into a trope filled, hateful, expletive riddled diatribe? I think this reflects more on you, than it does on me. If you can't deal with your opinion being challenged, maybe you should keep it to yourself. Look to my other replies, and if you're objective, I think you won't paint me with the same brush you did when you made this comment.

BTW, smitty335 has already liked and commented on several of my posts. Clearly, he doesn't think I'm the POS you do. Also, I think he can speak for himself.

Last edited:
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Why do I care? It does effect me, it effects us all. Why are we here? If it's not to share information and opinion, we might as well go back to watching cat videos on youtube. Why are you so ready to launch into a trope filled, hateful, expletive riddled diatribe? I think this reflects more on you, than it does on me. If you can't deal with your opinion being challenged, maybe you should keep it to yourself. Look to my other replies, and if you're objective, I think you won't paint me with the same brush you did when you made this comment.

BTW, smitty335 has already liked and commented on several of my posts. Clearly, he doesn't think I'm the POS you do. Also, I think he can speak for himself.
I have a feeling me and you just might become friends 🤣🤣

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Um, you did see that I describe the P-1000 as an EFFECTIVE jeep, right? It's a quality machine, it has a lot of great features. But, as I said, it isn't road legal, and it's very large (the second might have been justifiable, but for the first). Buying one just because you're going out to walk your dogs doesn't seem especially sensible, and intimating that anyone who buys something smaller than a P-1000 is somehow cheating their four-legged friends seems... unfair.

Anyway, who do you think you are? Admonishing me because I'm new here? Why do you insist on building a hostile environment to newcomers? Do you relish your exclusivity so much that new people should be shut out all together? Nice. Such a warm welcome. Positive tone indeed.

I honestly don't think Mudder was trying to be hostile, more like helping a new guy understand. Anyone who's been here any amount of time knows that Smitty often doesn't make sense. Most of the time he replies to his own posts. So taking jabs at him is like kicking a puppy, it's too easy. And like kicking a puppy, someone's going to step up and tell you that it's a dick move. You can fire back and try to justify kicking the puppy but more are going to pile on.
Unlike other forums, most here aren't just passerby's and trolls, we've shared useful info with each other for years and even saved each other's a** out on the trail. Yes, I've ridden with Mudder and Smitty, although he probably doesn't remember it, lol.
We all do things that don't make sense to others, I've put 20k + into a machine that'll never sell for close to that. Don't regret it either. You're looking to pipe a heater into your machine when several have posted in the past that the P5 just doesn't generate enough heat to warrant the mod. But I won't dog on you for that, (pun intended), if that's your passion then cool.
Feel free to share your opinions and knowledge. Give advice and take advice and know that all are welcome here. Pokes to the chest happen over in the pub, you have to pay for that privilege. FWIW

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I honestly don't think Mudder was trying to be hostile, more like helping a new guy understand. Anyone who's been here any amount of time knows that Smitty often doesn't make sense. Most of the time he replies to his own posts. So taking jabs at him is like kicking a puppy, it's too easy. And like kicking a puppy, someone's going to step up and tell you that it's a dick move. You can fire back and try to justify kicking the puppy but more are going to pile on.
Unlike other forums, most here aren't just passerby's and trolls, we've shared useful info with each other for years and even saved each other's a** out on the trail. Yes, I've ridden with Mudder and Smitty, although he probably doesn't remember it, lol.
We all do things that don't make sense to others, I've put 20k + into a machine that'll never sell for close to that. Don't regret it either. You're looking to pipe a heater into your machine when several have posted in the past that the P5 just doesn't generate enough heat to warrant the mod. But I won't dog on you for that, (pun intended), if that's your passion then cool.
Feel free to share your opinions and knowledge. Give advice and take advice and know that all are welcome here. Pokes to the chest happen over in the pub, you have to pay for that privilege. FWIW
^^^what trigger said^^^

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!