sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I have read (on here?) that 2022-01-19 is the likely date that Honda announces the 2022 Pioneer 1ks (Talon's too?). Anyway, I can't seem to find any evidence to back that up. With the long delay, normally I would suspect some significant changes. But given the supply chain issues and huge demand, it makes no sense from a business perspective to do that. Just push more of the same out the door with a 2022 sticker and price hike. Likely wishful thinking, but hoping that supply starts trickling into after the announcement... at least in Canada. Down there, they seem to be still trickling in, but up here has been none for many months, and dealers couldn't even place orders for 2022's. Anyway, just thought I would start a thread to house speculation or even better, real information on the 2022 announcement.

H

HondaTech

We do have a "Redline" video this month, no word on date yet. SXS is included in the list of subjects.

We've been getting alot of product in here in the last month and a half. Everything included street, competition, trail, SXS, scooter, and atvs.

I believe we have atleast 5 Talons on the floor for sale atm. No 4 seaters.

Dealers cant "take orders" on models not announced yet. But thats not how it works anyway.

Travis R

Travis R

Sep 26, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We do have a "Redline" video this month, no word on date yet. SXS is included in the list of subjects.

We've been getting alot of product in here in the last month and a half. Everything included street, competition, trail, SXS, scooter, and atvs.

I believe we have atleast 5 Talons on the floor for sale atm. No 4 seaters.

Dealers cant "take orders" on models not announced yet. But thats not how it works anyway.
Do you work for Honda or a dealer? Just asking. Thanks

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Whenever Honda Pro Kevin is brought up, seems like it's always info that's already been leaked somewhere else and usually here. Makes me wonder if that guy really has an inside line or is he just trolling this forum. Pretty confident that when it comes to Honda sxs's, this is the inside line.

D

Deleted member 47331

Dealer in Fairfield, OH
Are they an honest Honda dealer who doesn't charge bogus fees (prep, freight, etc) or play silly games to line their pockets? All local dealers are crooks, so I will be looking for alternatives within a reasonable driving distance when the time comes.

I despise dealers, and just want the buying process to be fast and painless, but all local dealers I've visited seem to think I'm a fool, only to learn that I've been playing the "game" for a very long time, and have zero tolerance for dealer BS.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are they an honest Honda dealer who doesn't charge bogus fees (prep, freight, etc) or play silly games to line their pockets? All local dealers are crooks, so I will be looking for alternatives within a reasonable driving distance when the time comes.

I despise dealers, and just want the buying process to be fast and painless, but all local dealers I've visited seem to think I'm a fool, only to learn that I've been playing the "game" for a very long time, and have zero tolerance for dealer BS.

I have no issues with dealers, most are trying to provide a service and trying to keep the doors open during tough times with more customers than product to sell. I'm trying to be kind, that's probably easier as my dealer doesn't think me a fool. :)

D

Deleted member 47331

I have no issues with dealers, most are trying to provide a service and trying to keep the doors open during tough times with more customers than product to sell.
My experiences with SxS dealers has been akin to buying cars in the 1980's, where the salesman busted out the 4 square, then proceeded to play a game of three-card monte. Personally, I think dealer franchise laws should be abolished, so manufacturers can sell directly to consumers.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Typical Honda, not really concerned about anxious buyers. Been that way as long as I can remember.

In the immortal words of my Japan contact, "not now, but soon".

H

HondaTech

You have to charge shipping fees, its in the invoice the dealer pays.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!