P1000 Jan 19 announcement for 2022s?

H

HondaTech

I am surprised that dealers are charged shipping fees.

Isn't there free shipping for stock orders of a certain quantity?

I couldn't tell you honestly, my GM recently brought it up due to the increasing charges Honda has put on us in the last month.

I know they do pay flooring for certain programs, but i dony believe I've ever seen freight included.

I am but a lowly technician, so the intricacies of sales are not my forte.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
A Power Sports dealer in East Hanover NJ wanted to charge me $400 prep fee for a Honda Rancher. I saw them drive the quads into the crates in SC. I get that dealers have huge overhead, but don't be a crook.

Point being, dealers probably only pay freight on re-orders.

Reactions: ChadD
H

HondaTech

Not all dealers charge freight fees. It's pure dealer profit, just like doc fees, prep fees, etc.

I dont see how they'll be able to after the recent increase, SXS are over a $1k now.
Its not a made up fee, the dealer is paying it, they probably ate it before.

Reactions: Lady01
H

HondaTech

A Power Sports dealer in East Hanover NJ wanted to charge me $400 prep fee for a Honda Rancher. I saw them drive the quads into the crates in SC. I get that dealers have huge overhead, but don't be a crook.

Point being, dealers probably only pay freight on re-orders.

Overcharged prep fees are bogus. Most charge some sort of fee, but $400 is insane.

Reactions: Lady01 and Jerryg
D

Deleted member 47331

I dont see how they'll be able to after the recent increase, SXS are over a $1k now.
Several SxS dealers I called last week still don't charge freight fees, which I refuse to pay. It's not like buying a car, where freight is part of the factory invoice, but I've heard it all before... word for word. Same script?

Reactions: Jerryg
H

HondaTech

Several SxS dealers I called last week still don't charge freight fees, which I refuse to pay. It's not like buying a car, where freight is part of the factory invoice, but I've heard it all before... word for word. Same script?

Im just repeating what my GM has said, noy sure why he would tell me that if it wasnt true. But to each their own

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not all dealers charge freight fees. It's pure dealer profit, just like doc fees, prep fees, etc.
Those are nice gracious dealers. But I'm sure some are hiding it someplace lol. Large volume dealers can eat most of that up if they want but smaller volume dealers simply can't contrary to popular belief. And If they tell u they are! There hiding or cutting something not good in the long run.
The product has to shipped as in truck freight and that is done per weight of individual item and at times with a special discount per volume and adjusted by average fuel cost per each month. With the ridiculous price in fuel today that will reflect it big time.
At my company, we pay for the freight as well for the large products we get on a daily basis. We are large enough that we eat up 1/2 of it and the customer pics up the rest. That reflects in our bottom line price but not broken down for them to see every little thing, and that's not to be sneaky either! If we did that, the 99% That really don't know anything about it but from what they learnd from the internet know all's, we'd hardly make a dime. Example, just Like the ones that don't understand what goes into a service fee when we show up to the door for a service call! It's less than 15% profit by the time it's broken down. I say if u don't like what u see or fell like your being sodomized by us, go to the other place that makes u feel all warm inside. Somewhere, something was cut short and you will feel it eventually.

D

Deleted member 47331

Im just repeating what my GM has said, noy sure why he would tell me that if it wasnt true.
It may be true at your dealership, but it's not true at all of them. I know this from personal first-hand experience. These are tough times for everyone, so I've become especially aggressive about saving money wherever possible, and I have zero sympathy for dealerships. Yes, some dealerships are just trying to make an honest living, but they're very hard to find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ChadD and Jerryg
H

HondaTech

It may be true at your dealership, but it's not true at all of them. I know this from personal first-hand experience. These are tough times for everyone, so I've become especially aggressive about saving money wherever possible, and I have zero sympathy for dealerships. Yes, some dealerships are just trying to make an honest living, but they're very hard to find.

I dont blame anyone trying to get the best deal. I drove 2 hours to buy my Ridgeline for less than anyone around me was advertising.

D

Deleted member 47331

I dont blame anyone trying to get the best deal.
Indeed. It's just very unfortunate that the buying process for large purchases (SxS, cars, trucks, etc) is still so arcane. Everyone hates it, yet nothing ever changes. Seriously, why can't I pick up the phone and simply order the thing and have it delivered to my door? No salesman, no sneaky F&I guy, and a consistent buying experience with consistent prices across the board.

Hell, I would gladly pay a little extra just to see the salesmen eliminated from the equation, because most of the time I just want to punch them in the mouth so they will stop fishing for information to use against me.

H

HondaTech

Indeed. It's just very unfortunate that the buying process for large purchases (SxS, cars, trucks, etc) is still so arcane. Everyone hates it, yet nothing ever changes. Seriously, why can't I pick up the phone and simply order the thing and have it delivered to my door? No salesman, no sneaky F&I guy, and a consistent buying experience with consistent prices across the board.

Hell, I would gladly pay a little extra just to see the salesmen eliminated from the equation, because most of the time I just want to punch them in the mouth so they will stop fishing for information to use against me.

I suppose it goes hand it hand with the tepsir and parts sales distribution as well.

The powersports industry is similar to automotive but so different. With the proliferation of automotive service centers and parts houses, dealerships arent a necessary evil. But that type of thing hasnt existed for out industry. The parts side has accelerated rapidly ove the last 10 years to make buying parts and accessories from a. dealer not necessary.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
D

Deleted member 47331

The powersports industry is similar to automotive but so different. With the proliferation of automotive service centers and parts houses, dealerships arent a necessary evil.
Different, but worse in many areas. For example, the powersports industry badly needs Monroney stickers, which would help to reduce the pricing games many dealers play. Otherwise, I think the main reason for dealers to exist is so people can see and drive the machines in person, which relegates them to being little more than showrooms.

Otherwise, I generally do my own wrenching because dealership mechanics tend to be horrible. No offense to you, as some SxS mechanics like you certainly appear to know what they're doing, but good mechanics are very hard to find. I also tend to be extremely picky about how work is performed, having built/overhauled my first v8 engine way back in 1980 at the ripe old age of 12, I suppose it makes me... oldschool.

H

HondaTech

Different, but worse in many areas. For example, the powersports industry badly needs Monroney stickers, which would help to reduce the pricing games many dealers play. Otherwise, I think the main reason for dealers to exist is so people can see and drive the machines in person, which relegates them to being little more than showrooms.

Otherwise, I generally do my own wrenching because dealership mechanics tend to be horrible. No offense to you, as some SxS mechanics like you certainly appear to know what they're doing, but good mechanics are very hard to find. I also tend to be extremely picky about how work is performed, having built/overhauled my first v8 engine way back in 1980 at the ripe old age of 12, I suppose it makes me... oldschool.

I can understand that as well, ive had multiple vehicles built and serviced by shops and dealera alike thay have no business touching anything. Good reliable techs are very difficult to find.

Hell we cant even get Honda to treat dealers equally with inventory, let alone police pricing.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Honda should sell direct (or through a box store) and set-up warranty repair centers. They do this in some places for PE.

D

Deleted member 47331

Hell we cant even get Honda to treat dealers equally with inventory, let alone police pricing
Indeed, and it certainly doesn't inspire confidence among consumers either.

In fact, considering the constant stream of announcement delays and the nature of some of the changes reportedly being made, I've begun to wonder if waiting another year before purchasing a new Honda Pioneer 1000-3 might be the best move. I had set aside $25,000 for purchasing the machine and accessories, but now I'm having second thoughts. That, plus I really don't want to deal with the hassle of merely finding one IN STOCK, let alone for a decent price.

Reactions: Jerryg and ChadD
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

In fact, considering the constant stream of announcement delays and the nature of some of the changes reportedly being made, I've begun to wonder if waiting another year before purchasing a new Honda Pioneer 1000-3 might be the best move. I had set aside $25,000 for purchasing the machine and accessories, but now I'm having second thoughts. That, plus I really don't want to deal with the hassle of merely finding one IN STOCK, let alone for a decent price.
At our local Honda dealers, I've seen more Talons than P1's.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

You should just buy a jeep.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!