G

garmett

Feb 10, 2020
Evansville, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buyer Beware,
Hello fellow 1000-5 members.
My recommendation is to not buy anything from JEI Off-road.
Purchased spare tire carrier that does not fit!
They will graciously take back after charging $100 return fee on their defective $275 part.
I was willing to purchase their better mount and pay the difference but not in addition pay $100 service fee for returning the defective part!
Take them off your list!!

G

garmett

Feb 10, 2020
Evansville, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will post a photo when I return to where my 1000-5 is at. For now the single bar spare tire mount priced at $275. With my spending a lot of time to level out, it cannot be leveled to where the pin can be pulled out to swing the arm over to open the tailgate. You have to beat it out in order for it to work.
I was more than willing to return the defective part and purchase the double bar mount and pay the difference.
Unfortunately they said the part was fine and were willing to sell me the double bar mount at $399 and charge me $100 for returning the defective part.
This is apparently how they will take care of any customer concern.

So Buyer Beware!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Is their return policy available on their web site? Or did they just make that up on the fly? You can always dispute it with your credit card company.

And you ordered the correct part, right? It wasn't a mis-order, but a defective part? If so, that's BS that they won't make it right without bending you over.

Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to hear that man. I have a few of their accessories on my machine and love them. I had great customer service with them when I spoke with them over the phone. Hopefully you guys can figure something out. Hate to hear about your experience. Good luck.
Buyer Beware,
Hello fellow 1000-5 members.
My recommendation is to not buy anything from JEI Off-road.
Purchased spare tire carrier that does not fit!
They will graciously take back after charging $100 return fee on their defective $275 part.
I was willing to purchase their better mount and pay the difference but not in addition pay $100 service fee for returning the defective part!
Take them off your list!!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So my experience with JEI goes way the F back to when they were just getting off the ground and was advertising on here regularly about 5-6yrs ago. Even met them at there first TO appearance. Seemed like nice fellas and I still think they are but have some at the time and sound like they still do have some customer issues that need addressed.

I too bought one of there single bar tire carriers with rotopax mount. Bought it cuz of the price and looked very solid, at witch it was And it mounted ok, not great but ok.

The only issue was (Noticed at that TO) that the the small pins that hold the bar to the mount popped all the up and almost all the way out while on trail Causing major damage! A buddy seen it and saved me a potential disaster. When we got back to camp and later to the TO throw down party, the JEI guys where there and were quite nice. They had looked at the situation and said “this is great info! We never get a chance to test what we sell so this helps us make changes”
WHAT?:oops:

So they decided that they needed longer pins and they have them at the shop and want to make this right and for other purchases, so will send them to me with the clips NC! yippee Right? well they did. Installed them and they were worse than the old short pins it came with. Lost one first day on trail (thank god i had the shorties) and the other one got bent this time jacking up the bracket. When I called them back and explained who I was, they remembered and said ”Will look into this and get back with you”
they did, a week or two in email. Said solution, “go to the hardware and get a bolt with a nut to fasten it tighter to the bracket both sides” I responded..” but that will make it difficut to remove every time To get ino the bed this cant be your final solution can it?” There response was “Weve done enough for you, we cant do anymore. If u would like to purchase another set of pins you can do that plus the shipping”
BTW the rack was not even a yr old . My cost of the pins they told me were $30 each (there not big 5” long) total BS. Plus tell your customer ”we want to make this right and for future purchases” then throw u away like chop liver! not good!
Thats when I cleand it up with the old pins and sold it on Ebay super cheap to someone who wanted to Fuc with it or deal with it the way it was. I lost my ass in the end all the way around!

From that point on I vowed not to deal with them ever again! All of you that have there products and no issues. Thats great! But god help u if you need help or assistance.

G

garmett

Feb 10, 2020
Evansville, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty much sums it up!
They will just have to find out the hard way of addressing customers concerns. Everyone’s business is pretty good after the pandemic.
Including mine,… however being in my profession for 50 years I have learned a few things. Take care of your customers concerns. I assure you it will come back and bite you in the but.
If they were smart, they would even tell the story of how they address these concerns on social media.
Word of mouth, happy customers, and referrals are free and better than any paid advertising that you can buy!
Unfortunately, they will find this to be true the hard way.

D

DesertRatFamily

Oct 3, 2018
Desert Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I had a very good experience with them. I purchased the bed extender with the spare tire mount with a single brace to hold it up with a trailer hitch. When I mounted everything, the supporting brace could not be attached with the trailer ball mounted. I took multiple photos and emailed them to customer service and explained the probleem. Two days later they emailed me back asking how long the part needed to be. They then shipped me the new part free of charge and told me to just keep the old part. I did have a problem with those pins and ended up using bolts. The bad part is that you can;t fold the extended bed back to the inside of your bed. But withe spare tire on, you can't fold it back in anyway. I HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. Make sure you give them a compliment and ask for help, Your attitude and a little honey goes a long in the customer service arena

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Make sure you give them a compliment and ask for help, Your attitude and a little honey goes a long in the customer service arena
Really? Why are they snowflakes?
asking how long the part needed to be.
There you go! Why should they be asking you that?

I was very corgle with them, never gave them any attitude or anything. If your cool with a nut and bolt and your own modification to fix “there problem” sounds like your easy going And obviously have no issues with the money you spent. The thing I noticed that you didn't do is after the first replacement attempt by them and you STILL had to do a modification Etc., you didnt call or email them again on that issue and see what there reaction was then? Thats where the issue is. Its a one time “will send u a part or new one” but after that were done even though our $hit is still fuced up. Heres a good one, how about quality and full testing of the product before u send it out? That way this wont happen!

Either way, its been some time since Ive used them for these reoccurring reasons. Glad I didnt go back. Sounds like the same thing. I hope they get there $hit streight cuz there products look cool, Ill give them that.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pretty much sums it up!
They will just have to find out the hard way of addressing customers concerns. Everyone’s business is pretty good after the pandemic.
Including mine,… however being in my profession for 50 years I have learned a few things. Take care of your customers concerns. I assure you it will come back and bite you in the but.
If they were smart, they would even tell the story of how they address these concerns on social media.
Word of mouth, happy customers, and referrals are free and better than any paid advertising that you can buy!
Unfortunately, they will find this to be true the hard way.

Except that in a country with 330+ million people there's enough dumb asses out there willing to buy just about any junk. See also Harbor Freight, Ebay, Amazon, and China. What you're explaining relates to "the good ole days."

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have had their front bumper for a couple years. It's a solid piece, and it gets lots of looks and comments. I'm happy with it, but I remember installing it was a major PIA. When I bought it, I also purchased a set of their tailgate brackets to level the tailgate, but never got them. My bad for not calling them, but I forgot

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got their bed extender with rotopax mount they only put 1 pin in it to hold it down, and it would flop up when you hit a whoop. Called them and explained it needs the 2nd clip like they provided on the tire carrier option. Said no and I had to buy the pin from them at $30 for a $2 part. It's not like their stuff is cheap that pissed me off.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Except that in a country with 330+ million people there's enough dumb asses out there willing to buy just about any junk. See also Harbor Freight, Ebay, Amazon, and China. What you're explaining relates to "the good ole days."

Amen. Bunch of cheap ass Americans aren't willing to pay for made in USA goods. That's why Walmart is full of China s***. It will come back to haunt the cheapskates, wait, it already has!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!