P1000 Joint spring driveshaft

A

aspire

Sep 14, 2020
ottawa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000 EPS and pulled the driveshaft off the sub transmission. The manual makes reference to a joint spring... but after removing the shaft I don't seem to have anything resembling a spring. I have looked inside the shaft and on the floor in the shop in case it fell out but found nothing. What am I missing here?

20210213 154124

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've never had the driveshaft out of my Pioneer but my Rhino had a small spring in the rear driveshaft to keep slack out of the telescoping action I assume.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000 EPS and pulled the driveshaft off the sub transmission. The manual makes reference to a joint spring... but after removing the shaft I don't seem to have anything resembling a spring. I have looked inside the shaft and on the floor in the shop in case it fell out but found nothing. What am I missing here?

View attachment 254809
What happened to your 2020 to make you tear into it? Hopefully someone with knowledge comes along and helps.

Reactions: TxDoc
A

aspire

Sep 14, 2020
ottawa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've never had the driveshaft out of my Pioneer but my Rhino had a small spring in the rear driveshaft to keep slack out of the telescoping action I assume.
I can see what looks to be a small lip just inside the propeller shaft joint and am guessing the spring is supposed to sit on that keeping tension on the shaft to your point about telescoping. I have looked everywhere and can't find damn spring so my guess is it was missing from the outset. Yet another part to order....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!