Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been meaning to post this for a few months now, and recently used my P1K3 to plow some snow in NE Michigan...not a big deal about 6" total plus a few 2-3 foot drifts here and there. The Beast did fine, but more importantly I recently added a joystick to control the winch (plow lift) and the power angle motor (right/left). It was pretty slick. Thought I would share for those of you looking for convenient ways to use your plow.

To control the power angle motor your will need to wire in a reversing relay (or a series of relays) or get one ready made in order to reverse the motor. For those of you using a linear actuator this will be the case as well. I kept the winch rocker switch as well as the winch wired remote control. I will get a photo of it installed soon but it is very straight foward and takes up very little space.

4 way Momentary Switch 12V 10A Joystick   Progressive Automations FWD REV Relay Module for Motor or Linear Actuator Reversing Relay Module 12V 24V Honda Pioneer Accessory Switch to Plow Joystick Winch Switch and Winch Remote Dice MODS Beast May 2020

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, I know, install pics or it never happened, Like I said the Pics will be coming soon, and I had been wanting to post the joystick but kept forgetting about it, I decided to post this time with the parts I used and a schematic, otherwise I would keep forgetting...pics coming soon!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I have been meaning to post this for a few months now, and recently used my P1K3 to plow some snow in NE Michigan...not a big deal about 6" total plus a few 2-3 foot drifts here and there. The Beast did fine, but more importantly I recently added a joystick to control the winch (plow lift) and the power angle motor (right/left). It was pretty slick. Thought I would share for those of you looking for convenient ways to use your plow.

To control the power angle motor your will need to wire in a reversing relay (or a series of relays) or get one ready made in order to reverse the motor. For those of you using a linear actuator this will be the case as well. I kept the winch rocker switch as well as the winch wired remote control. I will get a photo of it installed soon but it is very straight foward and takes up very little space.

View attachment 253638 View attachment 253639 View attachment 253641 View attachment 253642
Sweet ! I was thinking that a joy stick would be handy.

Reactions: Lady01
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, I know, install pics or it never happened, Like I said the Pics will be coming soon, and I had been wanting to post the joystick but kept forgetting about it, I decided to post this time with the parts I used and a schematic, otherwise I would keep forgetting...pics coming soon!
Hey Folks, Ok, more snow fell upon Michigan and I made it to the home of our P1K-3 (Beast) I added a set of Method 10 15x7 (4+3 offset) wheels, with 29.5 Maxxis Carnivores (already had 1.5" rear wheel spacers installed). Nice tires love the wheels. More on that later.

Attached are pics of my swtich set-up that includes the joy stick controlling 4500 Warn winch on a Kolpin 72" highlifter snowplow with a Kolpin power angle motor. The joystick is just simply cool, I still have the winch in/out switch and the wired winch remote switch.

Back to the Tires and Wheels. In the deep snow we currently have, the Carnivores (from KJ Motorsports) seem to give up just a little traction but never got stuck. They provided approx. 3" height increase (we already have a Rough Country 3" bracket lift) so, all in all it stands a bit taller. Took it for a 60mph ride on the asphalt, much quieter and smoother ride. Really like the tires, on full deflection with full left steering I do rub, so I will be modifying the fender well.

2019 P1K 3  7 2019 P1K 3  10 2019 P1K 3  11 2019 P1K 3  27 2019 P1K 3  4 2019 P1K 3  5 2019 P1K 3  6 4 way Momentary Switch 12V 10A Joystick   Progressive Automations FWD REV Relay Module for Motor or Linear Actuator Reversing Relay Module 12V 24V

Last edited:
bmcote

bmcote

Supporting Member
Mar 4, 2021
Colchester, CT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Lady01 great post! do you have a PDF available with better resolution on your wiring diagram?

Reactions: Lady01
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You may have to save as a PDF. The site automatically resizes images to conserve space.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Thank you for the response, the file I am attacjhing is a .pdf not sure what to do next.

Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement
bmcote

bmcote

Supporting Member
Mar 4, 2021
Colchester, CT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Lady01 still came through same as last time - mostly legible but hazy and the tables to the right are really hard to make out

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Click save as..
Do you have an option for PDF?

What you posted was a PNG.
Ugh... Not paying attention, of course it is a.png because thats what I saved them as! Attached please find the .pdf. Thanks HondaSXS!

Attachments

• Honda Pioneer Accessory Switch to Plow Joystick, Winch Switch, and Winch Remote_Dice MODS.pdf
    128.7 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Hondasxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!