Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mine has been better in every way with it disconnected. Even at higher speeds. At high speed it does have more roll. But it seems it rolls the suspension as opposed to tires wanting to come off ground.
That's what I want to achieve, and will be riding this weekend with it disconnected hoping for similar results, thanks for that Talen.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I see that @Stacy did further riding with his sway bar disconnected and seems to still like it. I'm looking forward to riding this weekend without mine hoping that it improves my stability on the mountain trails as well.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I see that @Stacy did further riding with his sway bar disconnected and seems to still like it. I'm looking forward to riding this weekend without mine hoping that it improves my stability on the mountain trails as well.
I think you'll like it. I disconnected it on my 700 and I noticed two things almost immediately-

Much smoother ride

I could now go through places in 4wd that used to require the front diff being locked.

I almost never lock the front diff anymore since disconnecting the sway bar.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think you'll like it. I disconnected it on my 700 and I noticed two things almost immediately-

Much smoother ride

I could now go through places in 4wd that used to require the front diff being locked.

I almost never lock the front diff anymore since disconnecting the sway bar.
Very cool. Thanks for that @Tflynn. I don't know if I'll realise all those benefits or not with the 500, but nearly a dozen members have disconnected them on their P5's, and save one, they've all posted positive reviews on it. I'll be posting mine by Sunday. Thanks again for that.

Reactions: Tflynn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Does anybody know what the factory setting is for the rear shocks and/or have any recommendations for the best setting with the sway bar disconnected???

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Does anybody know what the factory setting is for the rear shocks and/or have any recommendations for the best setting with the sway bar disconnected???
From factory mine came second step from softest setting, it will depend on 2up riding or 1 and politely, mass of individual. I am running mine where the factory had it one up from softest.
Montecresto what's the verdic or is it to early to tell?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Presumably mine are set at factory setting if the dealer doesn't adjust them. My ride loaded with all gear and both riders is quite heavy so I was just wondering if I should run the shocks up or down to compliment my disconnected sway bar. Btw, full review coming shortly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tflynn
jerrythedonkey

jerrythedonkey

Jun 14, 2016
DURHAM NC
Ownership

1. 500
Just an update. Been mudding in this thing every weekend since the first post and have yet to have a only 1 issue, but its due to mud/sand and thats the parking brake push knob getting jammed. No overheating, no issues with bushings, no issues with wheel bearings. Brake pads are shot, but that is again due to the nature of the driving i do. i love the amazement from others when they only hear its a 500 and I am pulling them out of mudholes with their rigs way more expensive and many more equipped. Yes, i have been stuck but only due to roots in certain holes and high centering, but NEVER due to deep mud. In Low it just putters through and has never bogged down or stalled. Even water above the steering wheel doesnt stop it. (yes, i have sealed everything, relocated fuel tank breather and dielectric grease all connections). I have smacked it against trees and bounced all around, the chassis and cage are all still very tight and dont creak or make weird noises and nothing has come loose.

This is one of the best purchases when it comes to fun/dollar. I will be working on the air susp this fall as i didnt want to tear it down and not be able to ride, and will start another thread.

IMG 0738

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!