Just gunna leave this here for the talon guys..

J

JTW

42A96285 2387 40A1 B199 4FA3E3F0CBF4

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Definitely something to the old adage to finish first, first you must finish. Congratulations to the KRX guys for driving the machines so that they finish. You definitely can modify a machine to where it isn't reliable. Not sure how the "electrical" issue was that delayed the one Talon in the pit #8 for 2 hours but I would guess it was related to the after thought turbo kit. That said I remember a time when Team Honda actually chose great pilots for desert racing back in the ATC days. Talon gets a couple of rich kids that seem to spend more time on social media fking with everything else other gaining experience so they can finish the race.
Screenshot 20200817 083138 Facebook
Screenshot 20200817 083226 Facebook

J

JTW

Definitely something to the old adage to finish first, first you must finish. Congratulations to the KRX guys for driving the machines so that they finish. You definitely can modify a machine to where it isn't reliable. Not sure how the "electrical" issue was that delayed the one Talon in the pit #8 for 2 hours but I would guess it was related to the after thought turbo kit. That said I remember a time when Team Honda actually chose great pilots for desert racing back in the ATC days. Talon gets a couple of rich kids that seem to spend more time on social media fking with everything else other gaining experience so they can finish the race.
I think we can all agree... the best way to finish is...........on her face!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hard to break something within your
@Plumber32 @CumminsPusher , but it’s not a real sport machine. Lmao

866AFD3E 299D 4C3B A4C7 4E1435AC3393

eh. My response yesterday.
My response today is
Ues it seems like a very nice machine and well built. I will not buy one because my trails aren’t Jeep sized and tbh I really like a real transmission. Again I find it a well built machine but I do like the way talon feels and it kinda fits here
I’m beginning to wonder if the green machine wasn’t a perk of the new advertising job you got?

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

View attachment 219064View attachment 219065

I agree, the one guy is very fast but can be reckless and probably causes his own problems.

Maybe they went too big too fast, could a stockish 2 seater have finished?

J

JTW

Hard to break something within your

eh. My response yesterday.
My response today is
Ues it seems like a very nice machine and well built. I will not buy one because my trails aren’t Jeep sized and tbh I really like a real transmission. Again I find it a well built machine but I do like the way talon feels and it kinda fits here
Lmao.. I still find myself looking for paddles. That I miss! But until you drive one you can’t talk s***... otherwise, you’re sounding like a damned Left coast libtard! My thoughts on the race are the krx was plain and simply built better, it’s obvious when you actually compare the components side by side. Not that the talon is a bad machine... it’s just not for serious trail riders. I’m sure it’s great for gravel and dirt roads! Kinda like an LE.. just a sportier version!

H

HondaTech

Lmao.. I still find myself looking for paddles. That I miss! But until you drive one you can’t talk s***... otherwise, you’re sounding like a damned Left coast libtard! My thoughts on the race are the krx was plain and simply built better, it’s obvious when you actually compare the components side by side. Not that the talon is a bad machine... it’s just not for serious trail riders. I’m sure it’s great for gravel and dirt roads! Kinda like an LE.. just a sportier version!

My GMs Talon would like a word with you, lol.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lol. I hear you buddy. I assure you, ya I’m not exactly the type to piddle dirt roads, you know that.
I’m kinda mixed if I want to drive one or not. I’d sure hate to fall for it if the test drive turned out that positive.
you know that I do believe you as well as a couple of the other guys, again I truly think it’s a fine rig, hell im sure it would be overall the most durable and with my Honda luck I should probably buy one.
I absolutely HATE belt drive but with our experience with the Yami Wet clutch I’m well aware it’s not a Polaris. It’s a Jap machine so ya it’s already in top three.
Now with that said it’s just huge. I know some of you guys are already use to a huge pioneer on width so it’s said it’s not that big, but it is. After driving the Talon and ripping through the gears enjoying the nimbleness, power and engine braking it’s just an experience I don’t take lightly, it was so much fun. It’s more of a pure sport.Power to the ground/weight the KRX is closer to the Pioneer then talon. I already have the Pioneer and Yami so I’d so much just like a sport.
Also I have a good friend with 26000 miles on his Honda and about 6500 is with tracks, I’ll bet he makes 50k and it’s definitely not a pavement machine, doing know overall durability from the running gear is there once the stupid s*** is fixed. Banking on that a bit.

J

JTW

Lol. I hear you buddy. I assure you, ya I’m not exactly the type to piddle dirt roads, you know that.
I’m kinda mixed if I want to drive one or not. I’d sure hate to fall for it if the test drive turned out that positive.
you know that I do believe you as well as a couple of the other guys, again I truly think it’s a fine rig, hell im sure it would be overall the most durable and with my Honda luck I should probably buy one.
I absolutely HATE belt drive but with our experience with the Yami Wet clutch I’m well aware it’s not a Polaris. It’s a Jap machine so ya it’s already in top three.
Now with that said it’s just huge. I know some of you guys are already use to a huge pioneer on width so it’s said it’s not that big, but it is. After driving the Talon and ripping through the gears enjoying the nimbleness, power and engine braking it’s just an experience I don’t take lightly, it was so much fun. It’s more of a pure sport.Power to the ground/weight the KRX is closer to the Pioneer then talon. I already have the Pioneer and Yami so I’d so much just like a sport.
Also I have a good friend with 26000 miles on his Honda and about 6500 is with tracks, I’ll bet he makes 50k and it’s definitely not a pavement machine, doing know overall durability from the running gear is there once the stupid s*** is fixed. Banking on that a bit.
Bulls***.. you’re making more excuses than Monty with cum on his chin hairs!

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I have to agree with this. I expected Honda to get squared away in short order, and at least be consistent finishers, maybe sniffing the box(I know, I know). I was subscribed to Polvoorde's youtube channel, thinking it would be a good source for Talon race info. Instead, it's 99 44/100 kid stuff tomfoolery. Maybe team orders to not address the race team? Doubtful. If these guys have raw talent they definitely need a team manager that knows how to handle them, which is common in the motorcycle world.

Reactions: CID
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!