P1000 Just how top heavy are these things?

T

TComega

Jun 16, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Morning everyone, new guy here. I've got a quick question, but it's one of my main concerns before I purchase a 1000-5. Everywhere I ride is in the mountains and I'm worried about how top heavy these things are. There are a lot of trails here that run along the sides of ridges so your constantly banked to one side, sometimes pretty extreme. I'm used to being on a 4wheeler and being able to counterweight by shifting to one side. So my questioname is, just how easily will these things roll over?

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Morning everyone, new guy here. I've got a quick question, but it's one of my main concerns before I purchase a 1000-5. Everywhere I ride is in the mountains and I'm worried about how top heavy these things are. There are a lot of trails here that run along the sides of ridges so your constantly banked to one side, sometimes pretty extreme. I'm used to being on a 4wheeler and being able to counterweight by shifting to one side. So my questioname is, just how easily will these things roll over?
Not very easy would be my judgment...
I have not added larger tires or a lift (yet), and it is a very stable machine. I have experience from owning as well as riding many types of units on rocky, mountainous terrain in off camber situations, and in the 50 miles I've put on it in these first few days I can tell you I am confident behind the wheel. One of the first things I did was put it in a ditch on my property to get a feel for the "watershed line" on tipping - including angling nose down off camber at a tilt and hitting the brakes to see if I could lift the back very easily. However, with the weight being higher, if it does go over you're going over good! Can't imagine it'd be too easy to tip back up either.

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!