Just Noise

R

roughrd00

Nov 27, 2018
az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It seems that many riders think that the noise from the P1000-5 is OK. I have a 2018 PK5 and it was not as loud as it is now after the dealer
changed oil and had two recalls taken care of. Yes I have a roof and windshield but the gear noise and the shifting seems a little excessive.

I have owned Honda TRX 420's previously and the noise was never a problem.

Has anyone tried to deaden the noise under the front seat and even the rear bed. Not sure if this is done that it might affect the heat dissipation of the engine.

Just not a pleasant experience when riding with others as it is hard to carry on a conversation. Would appreciate any comments.

Reactions: ChadD and JenElio
R

roughrd00

Nov 27, 2018
az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You say the dealer changed your oil?
Have you checked the level since?
How about the sub-trans oil?

I'l check the sub trans oil under the seat. Many reports of dealers draining the wrong plug.
Thanks...I am never satisfied with any oil changes on most of my vehicles....You are correct and I will check this. Did not see any leaks but that could mean NO oil too.???

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've ridden in 3 Talons and a Rzr of some sort, all 4 were mechanically noisy to the point of possible long term hearing loss. I always wore foam earplugs on the bikes and will continue that in the SxS. I think they're easy enough to talk over and not willing to damage my hearing any further - hearing loss is permanent and progressive. Since hearing damage isn't particularly painful, we tend to ignore it until it's too late.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've ridden in 3 Talons and a Rzr of some sort, all 4 were mechanically noisy to the point of possible long term hearing loss. I always wore foam earplugs on the bikes and will continue that in the SxS. I think they're easy enough to talk over and not willing to damage my hearing any further - hearing loss is permanent and progressive. Since hearing damage isn't particularly painful, we tend to ignore it until it's too late.
Tell me about it, I wear hearing aids now! I decent pair start at $ 3,000.00

• Wow
Reactions: CID
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just got a quote for my sons aids... $ 8,200.00. Choke spit cough aack!!!
Yep and figure replacing them every five years. Take care of your hearing.

Reactions: TripleB
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
What Smitty said, take care of your hearing gentlemen, there aren't any do-overs.

I have these scattered around the shop, easy on, easy off and hang around my neck comfortably. Angle grinders, air tools, the radial arm saw and my drill press are painfully loud.

Last edited:
Youngone

Youngone

Dec 4, 2020
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It seems that many riders think that the noise from the P1000-5 is OK. I have a 2018 PK5 and it was not as loud as it is now after the dealer
changed oil and had two recalls taken care of. Yes I have a roof and windshield but the gear noise and the shifting seems a little excessive.

Has anyone tried to deaden the noise under the front seat and even the rear bed. Not sure if this is done that it might affect the heat dissipation of the engine.

Just not a pleasant experience when riding with others as it is hard to carry on a conversation. Would appreciate any comments.
Did you ever deaden the noise level down to bearable

R

roughrd00

Nov 27, 2018
az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You say the dealer changed your oil?
Have you checked the level since?
How about the sub-trans oil?

I'l check the sub trans oil under the seat. Many reports of dealers draining the wrong plug.
Yep.... all the oil was good and the last ride seemed a little more quiet but maybe I just have lost some hearing in one or both ears LOL. The temp was good even after I put the storage box on the front so for right now will leave it there as it worked out well...Thanks for the good suggestions.

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I have a 700-4 and had a lot of the same issues. The best noise and heat upgrade that I did was to wrap the exhaust. Cut the noise at least in half and the heat. Cost me $30 and two cans of beer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I also have a 2018 P1k5, but I wear a headset for my communications radio and that keeps things nice and quiet.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Or just buy a jeep🤷‍♂️

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!