P1000 Just Returned From Hatfield-McCoy

N

Nvrgiveup

We spent last Thursday-Saturday riding the Buffalo Mountain and Devil Anse trail systems. Here are a few takeaways from the amazing weekend:
1. A bandanna, eye drops and goggles are must-have items on a dry/dusty day.
2. I need better shocks than the stock ones!
3. A mount for my tablet woulda been a valuable tool, so I’ll be installing one soon!
4. 3 days of all-day riding wears an old, fat dude plum out!
5. We can’t friggin wait to go back!

1F1663E0 9244 4B6B 8E6E 39537A5478AF FBDBA4AC 9EB7 4E62 B428 7845E0134076

R

randi 58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Didn’t appear to be no fussin and fightin goin on. Every single person we met treated us like we were family. We have already booked long weekends back there in June and July. It’s our goal to ride every one of their trail systems by the end of summer.
Me and the wife and grandson will be there May 12 through the 16th Buffalo Mountain rock House

N

Nvrgiveup

Me and the wife and grandson will be there May 12 through the 16th Buffalo Mountain rock House
You’ll love it. Buffalo Mountain Trail 10 about 15 minutes outta Williamson had a WHOPPER of a switchback after a STEEP, rocky climb that is fed by a pretty steady spring. You’ll know it when you see it. It was rutted up something awful when we rode it and definitely made the sphincter close a good bit! Where y’all staying?
We didn’t make it to Rockhouse this time but I’m 99 and 44/100% sure we will hit it before summer’s over.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We spent last Thursday-Saturday riding the Buffalo Mountain and Devil Anse trail systems. Here are a few takeaways from the amazing weekend:
3. A mount for my tablet woulda been a valuable tool, so I’ll be installing one soon!

View attachment 331468 View attachment 331469
Did you make it to trail 97? I call it parts hill

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thankfully we missed that one!
Ha. A buddy of mine went down it one time. And my brother in law attempted to go up it on his rincon but ended up barrel rolling down til it hit a tree. Surprisingly no damage. I don't even know why people attempt to go up it. Glad y'all had a good time. Buffalo Mountain is one of my favorites

advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 331468 View attachment 331469
Have you been back or did you give up?
#NTC

B

BRMRIDER

Dec 23, 2021
Haymarket, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We were there over memorial day weekend. I too found out I needed new shocks. My wife and I got bounce around pretty hard. Working on trying to find some Fox shocks without breaking the bank. Had a blast! made me fill like a teenager again driving my 73 Yamaha 250 two stroke.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We were there over memorial day weekend. I too found out I needed new shocks. My wife and I got bounce around pretty hard. Working on trying to find some Fox shocks without breaking the bank. Had a blast! made me fill like a teenager again driving my 73 Yamaha 250 two stroke.
Try Ron Ayer’s Honda. They are around $1460 shipped. They give a forum discount. Well worth the expense.

H

HondaTech

Random out of the blue question, anyone that's been to H/M trails do they have stuff that a 125cc Honda pitbike or Trail 90 could ride on?

It would be me riding it, I'm not the best by any means, but im not 2 feet off the pegs either. Would love to find some single track or trails to ride around on besides the local stuff.

Reactions: Smitty335
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Random out of the blue question, anyone that's been to H/M trails do they have stuff that a 125cc Honda pitbike or Trail 90 could ride on?

It would be me riding it, I'm not the best by any means, but im not 2 feet off the pegs either. Would love to find some single track or trails to ride around on besides the local stuff.
The couple of northern trail heads I’ve rode from you could ride about anything you wanted to on the easy and moderate trails. I saw a few kids on the 90cc quads following their family. I wouldn’t necessarily pick out the hardest rated trails until you feel the easier trails out for yourself. It’s been quite a while since I’ve been there though. It was an August trip when I went so we had more heat and dust than mud.

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

The couple of northern trail heads I’ve rode from you could ride about anything you wanted to on the easy and moderate trails. I saw a few kids on the 90cc quads following their family. I wouldn’t necessarily pick out the hardest rated trails until you feel the easier trails out for yourself. It’s been quite a while since I’ve been there though. It was an August trip when I went so we had more heat and dust than mud.

Thanks for the information
I wouldn't be looking to kill it anyways tbh, just some faster paced single track or wooded trails.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks for the information
I wouldn't be looking to kill it anyways tbh, just some faster paced single track or wooded trails.
anything small will not have an issue as long as u r on easy and medium trails, I didn't see much single track, sure it is there but wasn't looking either

we stayed on the marked and numbered trails and anything that looked tighter was marked no entry - since out of state guests, didn't feel like trespassing or not knowing whose property we would be on, sounds kinda lame but I would ask the same for my property

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!