K&N air filter

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Has anyone bought one yet. I see on k&n website they have one for the pioneer. Just wondering if anyone has noticed any performance gains at all. If no one has one yet I may have to go order one along with the pre filter.

Dick

Dick

Dec 29, 2013
N.B. Canada
Re: K&N air filter

That's usually quite a contraversial topic, either you love them or hate them. I have heard a couple guys say they did make a noticable difference in performance.

I personally don't like them because of noticable dust getting past. If you drive in dusty areas make sure you maintain the air filter, these machines are prone to getting the filters dirty.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had them on all my vehicles, can't say anything about power gains but over the life of the vehicle it was def a money saver in filter changes.
Just clean, oil, and replace.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I would be buying the pre filter to go along with it. I have been in some very dusty conditions and have been quite surprised at how clean the filter has stayed. We have big red at my work and that filter gets very dirty. Which makes me want to check mine often. I live at 6000' feet elevation and will be riding at higher elevations. I have not had an issue with power ever so far but figured if I can get a little more from swapping out the air filter I might do it. I also run k&n on everything I own and I have not noticed a problem with dirt getting trough.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't really ride in dusty conditions normally and the filter hasn't been what I would call replacement needed dirty.

I've got about 400miles on mine.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I personally stay away from them. They will not tell you what the particulate rate is for them. I prefer Donaldson, AMSoil, and Wix in that order.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013

Westtnpioneer said:
I personally stay away from them. They will not tell you what the particulate rate is for them. I prefer Donaldson, AMSoil, and Wix in that order.

I would stay away also . With more airflow comes more dust in my opinion and If you have to run a prefilter then what are you gaining?

Off topic Westtnpioneer , I just left the Camden area in west tn after being rained on for a week straight LOL. Seems to happen everytime i am there.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

It flooded for a few days. Camden is about 45 mins from me. I'm in jackson.