P500 Kayak rack

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Weather is warming up and I decided to make a kayak rack for the 500. My back rack has a piece of 3/4 plywood bolted to it for a bed with 1 3/4 aluminum angle around the edges. I made the rack out of 2X2's across the bottom and for side posts, 5/4 X 6 board for the top piece. A couple of bolts through the bottom 2X2 and the angle and it was mounted. I had a piece of closed cell foam about a foot long and 6 inches square that I laid on top of the roof for a front rack to protect both the kayak and the Honda roof, also gained enough height to clear the rear of the roof. The orange pads under the Kayak on the back rack were a couple of 1" thick closed cell foam seat cushions I had lay'n around the shop.

IMG 4482 zpshpanbdhr

IMG 4479 zpsckehm8hf

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Weather is warming up and I decided to make a kayak rack for the 500. My back rack has a piece of 3/4 plywood bolted to it for a bed with 1 3/4 aluminum angle around the edges. I made the rack out of 2X2's across the bottom and for side posts, 5/4 X 6 board for the top piece. A couple of bolts through the bottom 2X2 and the angle and it was mounted. I had a piece of closed cell foam about a foot long and 6 inches square that I laid on top of the roof for a front rack to protect both the kayak and the Honda roof, also gained enough height to clear the rear of the roof. The orange pads under the Kayak on the back rack were a couple of 1" thick closed cell foam seat cushions I had lay'n around the shop.

View attachment 38887

View attachment 38888

That's sooo Bay Watch! :cool:
Nice job Sam.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!