R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
So..here's what's going on.
1) bought this "Impact Implement" tool that raises and lowers the rack tool.
2) had to get my welder to do me up a 2nd higher 2" reciever cause the lower 2"reciever did not allow my rake to move up any higher than the ground and it was dragging right from the start and was not able to remove debris from rake.
3) when I used the new double-2" reciever...and lowered the rack to lowest setting...it really doesnt gather too many twigs, branches, sticks, left over tree bark..etc.

I must be doing something wrong. Has anyone else used, have this type of equipment on the back of your 500?

DOUBLE HITCH RECEIVER LANDSCPE RACK END CONDITION MANUAL IMPLMENT 01 MANUAL IMPLMENT 02 MANUAL IMPLMENT 03 MANUAL IMPLMENT 04

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So..here's what's going on.
1) bought this "Impact Implement" tool that raises and lowers the rack tool.
2) had to get my welder to do me up a 2nd higher 2" reciever cause the lower 2"reciever did not allow my rake to move up any higher than the ground and it was dragging right from the start and was not able to remove debris from rake.
3) when I used the new double-2" reciever...and lowered the rack to lowest setting...it really doesnt gather too many twigs, branches, sticks, left over tree bark..etc.

I must be doing something wrong. Has anyone else used, have this type of equipment on the back of your 500?

View attachment 409870 View attachment 409871 View attachment 409872 View attachment 409873 View attachment 409874 View attachment 409875
I don't think it's really made to gather them as much as dredge them up. Kind of like a Harley Rake but not as sophisticated.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The pics show you have it in the highest position.
Have you moved it to be lower = more pressure?

Honestly, I have never used one of these lawn rakes.

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
The pics show you have it in the highest position.
Have you moved it to be lower = more pressure?

Honestly, I have never used one of these lawn rakes.
yes..I have moved it to the lowest position...once I created that double hitch reciever. It does drag the ground correctly. it does grab 'some' twigs, branches, etc...but just not enough. I thought for sure it'd clear more of the bark and branches that were on the ground.

Reactions: Hondasxs
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
looks like you need one of the Moose 2" recievers. It will be in between the 2 you have now and may give you the correct height. Will also be much stronger than current setup.

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
looks like you need one of the Moose 2" recievers. It will be in between the 2 you have now and may give you the correct height. Will also be much stronger than current setup.
THANKS...have definitely seen those Moose receivers. Find them a unique design.

K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
I can attest to the strength of the Moose receivers. I have used mine with a D Ring hitch to pull small tree stumps out of the ground.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!