BadMechanic

Sep 25, 2021
New York
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 500

4. 520
Im still in my planning stages of getting a 520. Couldnt find one locally until recently. So my garage door is pretty small with a height of 74.5in opened, a very more inches if i hold door up.

I plan on using it for snow removal, so I was going to get everything to enclose the cab from the NY winters.

I know theres different roofs, but is there an estimate of how much height the roof adds, if any? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi,

All the roofs differ a bit on the added height they tack on. The lowest roof will likely be the soft roof. I have the EMP roof that adds very little height. I believe the Honda OEM roof adds as much as 3 inches to the overall height.

Remember that larger diameter tires will also add some height. But the weight of the winch, plow and brackets will pull the front down some unless you adjust the preload on the front shocks.

Rob

BadMechanic

BadMechanic

Sep 25, 2021
New York
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 500

4. 520
Hi,

All the roofs differ a bit on the added height they tack on. The lowest roof will likely be the soft roof. I have the EMP roof that adds very little height. I believe the Honda OEM roof adds as much as 3 inches to the overall height.

Remember that larger diameter tires will also add some height. But the weight of the winch, plow and brackets will pull the front down some unless you adjust the preload on the front shocks.

Rob
Thanks for the info. I did think of the tires and how much itd increase height. Which for my use. I dont need huge tires so non issue for me personally.

Thanks again. Ill have to check out the soft roofs.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Closed cab with heat & Heated Seats is the way to go here in Upstate N.Y
Just maesured :
Honda OEM Roof
27in.ITP-XTR Tires on 12in. 4x3 offser wheels 7PSI
75-1/2in at highest point

Installing heater Now
Doors are Next

20221004 161344 20221004 161727 20221004 161501

BadMechanic

BadMechanic

Sep 25, 2021
New York
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 500

4. 520
  • Haha
Reactions: Backwoods
D

driller

Feb 19, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 520
Reactions: pappyo
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
On my 2015 500, 75" to the highest peak on the oem honda roof. That is with 26" BH2's. Your newer ride may be slightly different.

The only time I've hit, is unloaded and pushing the sxs out the door. The center attachment lever on the garage door opener hangs down lower than the opening (76") and can contact one of two "peaks" on the oem roof. I just changed how I align the sxs in the garage. Also when the rear tires drop over the small ledge of the slab, it lowers those two roof peaks, as it rolls out the door.

With the weight of the plow and ballast over the rear wheels, on oem tires, I don't think you will have an issue.

Reactions: BadMechanic
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!