P500 Seatbelt modification for an above average height person

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I’m 6’5 and the seatbelt had to come over and then down on my shoulder and was very uncomfortable. This is one of the reasons I would rarely wear it. I added a piece of angle iron and move the mount a little higher and out to the side, now it comes over my shoulder similar to the way it does in a vehicle.

5F502586 676F 4E42 B6E0 BBD8229FBB14

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Seatbelt pads are a must on these. I'm average height and it seemed like it would dig into my neck. Put them on yrs ago after @iowaguy posted them, much more comfortable.
Last time out my wife said she wanted to get the seatbelt pads, I think I’ll get a couple to try out.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
2nd on the seat belt pads. Ordered them the day after my first Takeover ride. Even found some with Honda on it. They do show wear over time, I’ll order 2 sets next time.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I was 5’11”, with age I shrunk to 5’10”. I fit in my P500 nicely with legs bent at a comfortable angle. I can’t imagine a 6’5” guy sitting in mine comfortably.

Great modification and thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I was 5’11”, with age I shrunk to 5’10”. I fit in my P500 nicely with legs bent at a comfortable angle. I can’t imagine a 6’5” guy sitting in mine comfortably.

Great modification and thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not many things are made for us tall & fat boys so I’m used to riding like a pretzel lol

B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I’m 6’5 and the seatbelt had to come over and then down on my shoulder and was very uncomfortable. This is one of the reasons I would rarely wear it. I added a piece of angle iron and move the mount a little higher and out to the side, now it comes over my shoulder similar to the way it does in a vehicle.

View attachment 282219
Nice job. Have you done or heard of the mod that takes the top seat and moves it back. A guy a while ago said if you take the seat out and remove the two rubber plugs it latches in with it will move the bottom of the seat back about an inch or more. He made different rubber pugs to hold it in

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!