Keeping the Milwaukee pack out from being stolen

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I'm looking buy something different for rear storage. Right now I have a $30 tote held in with bungee straps. The city just opened their roads to atv/utv traffic and I want to be able to ride to the hardware store, restaurants, etc and want something that can't be easily opened or removed from the Talon. I'm thinking of investing in the Milwaukee pack-outs and know some or most of the pieces can be locked individually but is there a way to lock the boxes in the mount so someone can't just walk up to it and take the whole box?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I believe this is the answer fellers.

Nice find @Russ989 , like he says in his site, it's a plastic box, all you can do is try to keep the honest people honest.....or make it difficult to steal

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
No matter what you put in the back, brand wise it can all be stolen fairly easy. All you can do for pretty much any of it is a rope lock to keep an honest person honest. A thief is a thief and if you are targeted by a thief all you can hope is you catch em in the act.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
about 10 years ago we went to Hadfield McCoy. It was our first time there and we end up at a motel right in town. The lot was small and you had to unhook the trailer and park next to it. I had a short single axle railer. We blocked the wheels and put locks on everything. In the middle of the night, heard a loud bang. When got outside, thieves had cut the lock on my RZR tool box and then climbed up on trailer. Not sure if second person climbed on too, because they had already gotten out my new spare belt and some tools when the trailer tipped up from their weight. The banging of the trailer going back down scared them off leving my stuff laying on ground behind RZR. We were lucky and obviously moved to another hotel for rest of trip. We have since moved on to a nice enclosed trailer with an inside motion detector & outside speakers. May not completely be the answer but can't hurt

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm looking buy something different for rear storage. Right now I have a $30 tote held in with bungee straps. The city just opened their roads to atv/utv traffic and I want to be able to ride to the hardware store, restaurants, etc and want something that can't be easily opened or removed from the Talon. I'm thinking of investing in the Milwaukee pack-outs and know some or most of the pieces can be locked individually but is there a way to lock the boxes in the mount so someone can't just walk up to it and take the whole box?
I used a lock and ran the cable thru the side handle and the mount. Then I can run a bike cable to the pad locks on each box. The only box w/o a lock is the cooler and I run the cable thru the handle.

20221127 200630

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!