Key on power

JAXXER

JAXXER

Jun 9, 2020
LAS VEGAS
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Hello to all, I am not an electrical wizard but just bought a 2020 1000-5 and am installing a dual battery I have all the parts needed however I am trying to use the 15 amp accessory wire from the fuse panel but this is the issue. I understood key on as power only making the wire hot when the key is turned on ? I am trying to hook up the dual voltmeter and when I tap the white and black wire I get power to the voltmeter WITHOUT the key in the bike? Does anyone have any insight? I was goin got give power to the stinger relay from here but I don’t want it to power my fuse panel 100 of the time, what am I missing ?
thank you
True system w dual voltmeter
Warm winch

H

HondaTech

There are two sets of white/black wires, one is for the F.I fuse the other is the ACC fuse.

The ACC fuse is the 5th slot down.

JAXXER

JAXXER

Jun 9, 2020
LAS VEGAS
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Can it be possible that’s the 2020 machine has different color wires? I put the posi-tap on and got power with no key in the ignition. I have the dual voltmeter wired directly tot the tru isolator and batteries and tried to tap power from the 5th acc, no clue why there is power with no key, seems like this will constantly drain my battery

BA68B8E1 CD1A 4313 B71D 3D4B61BA64BA

H

HondaTech

There the same colors as far as I know.

The ACC. Fuse white/black wires should be key on power only.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!