P1000 KFI 101285 winch mount ?

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So I want to install a 4,500 or 5k winch on my Pioneer 1000-3 LE model. Some people have said the KFI mounts puts the winch too low and makes a bad cable angle through the fairlead. Others say it lines up just fine. What gives? Are some people installing the KFI mount incorrectly?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some people aren't worried about the steep cable angle. I didn't like it. I had trouble the the bolts staying tight in the KFI mount as well. I prefer the Warn mount for a behind the bumper winch mount.

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Some people aren't worried about the steep cable angle. I didn't like it. I had trouble the the bolts staying tight in the KFI mount as well. I prefer the Warn mount for a behind the bumper winch mount.

Thanks. I should mention that my winch will have synthetic rope with a Hause fairlead and will only get used occasionally if I get stuck. Is the angle all that important for just occasional use? I guess I could also flip the winch so the rope spools off the top.

I'll check out the Warn mount.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would not spool it off the top. A couple guys have broken the mounting feet off winches doing that

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!