BOX1

P700 KFI Winch Installation/Honda Accessory sub-harness

C

Chuckscherl

Oct 14, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am a new owner of a 700-4 and have a few question or two. I have a new KFI U4500 winch installed all except for the final power connections. The install guide for KFI have me splicing the ignition wire to the winch switch. I really do not want to disturb the wires and am wondering of the Accessory sub-harness will provide the means to make a safe connection. I have been all over this site and have not been able to find out how to install the sub-harness.

so... first question is: will the accessory sub-harness be a value for the power connection?

If so second question is: how do I install the sub-harness ?

I am sure that there is a wise soul that can help this 70 year old fart to finish the job.

Thanks
Chuck Scherl

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm no electrical genius so I can't really answer your question BUT I can offer an alternative solution that is a bit simpler, maybe better. Run the wire that KFI wants you to splice into the factory "key on power" to an additional switch next to your "in/out" rocker switch, then run it back to your battery. Now you have a master power switch for the winch. Some guys set it up this way to avoid accidentally hitting the in out switch, or more likely, to stop a curious child from playing with the winch.

Reactions: joeymt33
C

Chuckscherl

Oct 14, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's kind of what I expected ..... but which fuse? Can you post a pic?

tapakegovagnaps

tapakegovagnaps

Oct 6, 2016
NVA
Df51d4e1217fccd98dbf3ca19c6d6677

Just realized your working on a 700.

Not sure if they have this same fuse.

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 2079
I am a new owner of a 700-4 and have a few question or two. I have a new KFI U4500 winch installed all except for the final power connections. The install guide for KFI have me splicing the ignition wire to the winch switch. I really do not want to disturb the wires and am wondering of the Accessory sub-harness will provide the means to make a safe connection. I have been all over this site and have not been able to find out how to install the sub-harness.

so... first question is: will the accessory sub-harness be a value for the power connection?

If so second question is: how do I install the sub-harness ?

I am sure that there is a wise soul that can help this 70 year old fart to finish the job.

Thanks
Chuck Scherl
Did you ever find out where the plugs are for the 700 harness??

Reactions: bigbruse
C

Chuckscherl

Oct 14, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes I did. You need to unplug the existing sub-harness from the back of the accessory power plug (cigarette lighter) and disconnect the other end from the main harness. easy access under the hood. Don't need to remove the dash. Use the new harness receptacle to reconnect the accessory power to the main harness the otherend goes back on to the back of the cigarette lighter receptacle, I then clipped one of the black&white leads and connected it to the red power contactor wire. Works like a champ. I had to go to the Honda dealer to get the info.

Reactions: bigbruse and Tflynn
C

Chuckscherl

Oct 14, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 700-4
HONDA PIONEER 700 2014 ACCESSORY SUB HARNESS 08Z02-HL3-A00

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 2136
IMG 2103
I went through this and had a hard time finding where the green connector went. I went back to the dealer and picked up a different harness that literally just plugs into an existing capped plug on the pioneer and gives you 4 hookups. It says for the 500 but plugs right into the 700 as well.

C

Chuckscherl

Oct 14, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 700-4
Myou dealèr said the red capped plug was for diagnostics. if it works that's great. I am guessing you only need to contact a hot lead .white&black wire to your red contactor wire.

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Myou dealèr said the red capped plug was for diagnostics. if it works that's great. I am guessing you only need to contact a hot lead .white&black wire to your red contactor wire.
It definitely works, it's how my winch is hooked up right now haha. I'll have to search for a wiring diagram but diagnostics would make sense. Wonder if it hurts anything just using it for power like I did? So far so good?

dmcpeak

dmcpeak

Oct 9, 2016
Binghamton, NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 27324 View attachment 27323 I went through this and had a hard time finding where the green connector went. I went back to the dealer and picked up a different harness that literally just plugs into an existing capped plug on the pioneer and gives you 4 hookups. It says for the 500 but plugs right into the 700 as well.
Hello, I just bought a winch for my 700-4. The wiring diagram is microscopic and they want me to splice it into the ignition wire. I'm not very electrically inclined. Would you say that the purchase of the Wiring Harness from this post would make it a plug and play solution that eliminates the need to tap into any of the other parts? i.e. the ignition or Aux 12v power?
I'm looking to simplify the entire process. I wold appreciate any/all feedback...

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello, I just bought a winch for my 700-4. The wiring diagram is microscopic and they want me to splice it into the ignition wire. I'm not very electrically inclined. Would you say that the purchase of the Wiring Harness from this post would make it a plug and play solution that eliminates the need to tap into any of the other parts? i.e. the ignition or Aux 12v power?
I'm looking to simplify the entire process. I wold appreciate any/all feedback...
Yes, either harness will essentially make it so you don't have to splice your ignition or 12v wires. You will have to put an end on your red wire for your winch (male end in picture) and it will plug right in if you use the red plug harness with the 4 wires coming off of it.

IMG 2138

dmcpeak

dmcpeak

Oct 9, 2016
Binghamton, NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
My apologies for my questions...
Would you happen to know what size bullet connector I would need?
Also, which harness would be best to purchase?

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
My apologies for my questions...
Would you happen to know what size bullet connector I would need?
Also, which harness would be best to purchase?
If you get the other harness you'll still have to splice your harness wire to make the connection I think. But you won't need to do any splicing on your original wiring. The one I used there is no splicing at all. It's really up to you since both will work.

IMG 2140

dmcpeak

dmcpeak

Oct 9, 2016
Binghamton, NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Once again, I apologize. Which one is the one which requires no splicing at all?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!