P500 Larry's back Country 500

V

Vintage47

Nov 14, 2016
Meridian Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I bought my Honda pioneer 500 to as soon as they came out here in the treasure Valley. I use mine a lot on the shooting ranges for competition shooting pacifically three gun. I could not find an aftermarket box that would suit my needs so I built the one you see in the photos. I also built a spare tire rack and the jerrycan racks for the back when my wife and I started exploring the hundreds of miles of Forest Service Roads an trails here in Idaho. Next year We want to run the 900 mile Centennial ATV trail that runs from Nevada to Canada.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I bought my Honda pioneer 500 to as soon as they came out here in the treasure Valley. I use mine a lot on the shooting ranges for competition shooting pacifically three gun. I could not find an aftermarket box that would suit my needs so I built the one you see in the photos. I also built a spare tire rack and the jerrycan racks for the back when my wife and I started exploring the hundreds of miles of Forest Service Roads an trails here in Idaho. Next year We want to run the 900 mile Centennial ATV trail that runs from Nevada to Canada.
Welcome here Vintage. Good looking ride. Wow, a 900 mile continuous ATV trail???? I'm looking into that, thanks for mentioning it.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Nice rig! I wish Honda would have come up with the p500 10 years ago.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Could you please post how and what did you use to mount your spare tire. Thank you!

Pics also please

V

Vintage47

Nov 14, 2016
Meridian Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Could you please post how and what did you use to mount your spare tire. Thank you!

Pics also please
I used a piece of 2X1 channel iron between the ROP uprights. I welded a 1/2" nut in the middle and fabricated the hold down bolt from readyvrod and flat stock.

IMG 0522

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
I live in Eagle and use mine to set steel for PRS all the time now. Super handy little machines.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I used a piece of 2X1 channel iron between the ROP uprights. I welded a 1/2" nut in the middle and fabricated the hold down bolt from readyvrod and flat stock.

View attachment 26385
I like it, and how does that channel attatch to the ROPS?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!