Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's been brought to my attention that our late night rides can be too much to post at times. Our inappropriate use of fun can be a negative impact on some and possibly the group as a whole.
Well fair enough I understand everyone isn't that way. I'm pretty sure I've never condoned wreckless driving or people getting hurt. I do however post real life. I hold nothing back I'm always very real and good or bad post either way. We live our life one way and we chose to have a good time and be safe at the same time.

Ok now in my defense our shenanigan rides have never once tore up a machine or landed someone hurt.
The late night rides at the Takeover never once lended a vehicle damaged (other then a new driver to a 1000 testing mine however simple move on rut yielded that driver to a simple bent control arm) and no one has been hurt. ALL THE DAMAGE DONE DURING THE WEEKEND TO ALL RIGS INVOLVED HAPPENED DURING NORMAL RIDES DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS! At night speeds go down drastically. No dangerous rock climbs to fall from, no rides along edged nothing of the sort. People were moved from drivers seats if there was a sign of not being able to perform. NO NAMES HERE but certain members were used to insure the safety of the group and some had to follow this. Everyone did and played by the rules. These nights were some of the biggest memories of the weekend for our group.
We were not the type of turbo Popos showing off that some may believe. Just friends going out for a good time!
There was at one point a high speed run amongst two consenting adults with scouts on the clear trail and both were very experienced behind the wheel as well as only allowing for themselves and making sure no one else was involved or possibly hurt through this process.
I'm posting this to let people be aware that that safety is actually a concern. This is something that won't go away. As for other groups that attempt "too good of a time" I cannot condone that and neither our group or others that may actually be a danger are NOT sanctioned by the Hondasxs site. Our group was a group of friends joining something bigger then themselves for fellowship purposes. I personally walked away with some new best friends and I suggest others to have a good safe late night ride. Turn up the tunes and all the lighting and live large! Make some new friends and stop have a beer together and learn about that fellow rider. Pretend your having a beer with a stranger at the bar playing pool except in the woods and walk away with a new friend. But do it safely and look out for each other trust in your new friend but watch his back for him remember your lives are in each other's hands so show your new friends this.
Feel free to chime in here especially from people actually involved but let's keep it clean
Love you all very much, happy trails!

Last edited:
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's been brought to my attention that our late night rides can be too much to post at times. Our inappropriate use of fun can be a negative impact on some and possibly the group as a whole.
Well fair enough I understand everyone isn't that way. I'm pretty sure I've never condoned wreckless driving or people getting hurt. I do however post real life. I hold nothing back I'm always very real and good or bad post either way. We live our life one way and we chose to have a good time and be safe at the same time.

Ok now in my defense our shenanigan rides have never once tore up a machine or landed someone hurt.
The late night rides at the Takeover never once lended a vehicle damaged (other then a new driver to a 1000 testing mine however simple move on rut yielded that driver to a simple bent control arm) and no one has been hurt. ALL THE DAMAGE DONE DURING THE WEEKEND TO ALL RIGS INVOLVED HAPPENED DURING NORMAL RIDES DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS! At night speeds go down drastically. No dangerous rock climbs to fall from, no rides along edged nothing of the sort. People were moved from drivers seats if there was a sign of not being able to perform. NO NAMES HERE but certain members were used to insure the safety of the group and some had to follow this. Everyone did and played by the rules. These nights were some of the biggest memories of the weekend for our group.
We were not the type of turbo Popos showing off that some may believe. Just friends going out for a good time!
There was at one point a high speed run amongst two consenting adults with scouts on the clear trail and both were very experienced behind the wheel as well as only allowing for themselves and making sure no one else was involved or possibly hurt through this process.
I'm posting this to let people be aware that that safety is actually a concern. This is something that won't go away. As for other groups that attempt "too good of a time" I cannot condone that and neither our group or others that may actually be a danger are sanctioned by the Hondasxs site. Our group was a group of friends joining something bigger then themselves for fellowship purposes. I personally walked away with some new best friends and I suggest others to have a good safe late night ride. Turn up the tunes and all the lighting and live large! Make some new friends and stop have a beer together and learn about that fellow rider. Pretend your having a beer with a stranger at the bar playing pool except in the woods and walk away with a new friend. But do it safely and look out for each other trust in your new friend but watch his back for him remember your lives are in each other's hands so show your new friends this.
Feel free to chime in here especially from people actually involved but let's keep it clean
Right on CP. Night rides are actually some of my favorite riding. Everyone was safe and made it safely back to camp. If people get out of line it doesn't go unnoticed. The thing is I never saw anyone do it, everyone was very responsible. Just clean fun in the dark of the TN mountains...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Adventure

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN

I'm posting this to let people be aware that that safety is actually a concern. This is something that won't go away. As for other groups that attempt "too good of a time" I cannot condone that and neither our group or others that may actually be a danger are NOT sanctioned by the Hondasxs site. Our group was a group of friends joining something bigger then themselves for fellowship purposes. I personally walked away with some new best friends and I suggest others to have a good safe late night ride. Turn up the tunes and all the lighting and live large! Make some new friends and stop have a beer together and learn about that fellow rider. Pretend your having a beer with a stranger at the bar playing pool except in the woods and walk away with a new friend. But do it safely and look out for each other trust in your new friend but watch his back for him remember your lives are in each other's hands so show your new friends this.

"We were not the type of turbo Popos showing off that some may believe." what a bunch of jackwagons those guys are..... :)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
"We were not the type of turbo Popos showing off that some may believe." what a bunch of jackwagons those guys are..... :)

Lol some of those guys are great too meant no harm. It's just the few I was referring too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Haha don't back off now CP. Those guys are some jerks!
Thanks LP. Some yes but you had some good guys around you and I've met some pretty good however misinformed people on a popo or two. I prefer our Honda group of misfits though.

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hanging around camp and drinking beer with members was just as fun as riding. Everyone was cool.

advertisement
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks LP. Some yes but you had time good guys around you and I've met some pretty good however misinformed people on a popo or two. I prefer our Honda group of misfits though.
Our crew really does have great guys. I'm usually the only Honda rider in my group. At the end of the day we don't care what everyone is driving. We are just out there to have fun. Sure we poke at each other but we all have each others back. Funny part is I never really hung out with any of them before getting dragged into this hobby Lol. Now I consider them some of my closest buddies.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hanging around camp and drinking beer with members was just as fun as riding. Everyone was cool.
Very true. Good group of guys all the way around. It's hard to stay up at a campfire till dawn though. Next year there will be one of those planned though! I missed out on a lot of people that really sucked

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Lol some of those guys are great too meant no harm. It's just the few I was referring too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL Im just messing with ya CP. When you get called out specifically you got to say something.

I really do appreciate the openness of everybody at the take over. the 4 wheel community is definitely unlike any other. people would give you the shirt off their back if it meant getting you out of the woods or back on the trails.

FB IMG 1471142625562

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I met a bunch of great people a hope to stay there to enjoy more night rides I can say everyone I rode with all used good common sense when operating. No matter what we ride or drive I saw so many ask others from our group and complete strangers if they needed help I even got help from a popo. That had 2 broke axles when I was overheating. Anytime someone had an issue it was a group that came to help that what this is all about. Not everyone has the same riding skills or habits I look for word to more rides like this to open me and my family to a new type of riding instead of flat Florida riding. If there's an issue with someone approach that person and talk to them we are a family that has bonded together just treat eachothe how you want to be treated.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I met a bunch of great people a hope to stay there to enjoy more night rides I can say everyone I rode with all used good common sense when operating. No matter what we ride or drive I saw so many ask others from our group and complete strangers if they needed help I even got help from a popo. That had 2 broke axles when I was overheating. Anytime someone had an issue it was a group that came to help that what this is all about. Not everyone has the same riding skills or habits I look for word to more rides like this to open me and my family to a new type of riding instead of flat Florida riding. If there's an issue with someone approach that person and talk to them we are a family that has bonded together just treat eachothe how you want to be treated.
Well said!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
J you were a stud all weekend. You helped so many. Great driver you were a blast to ride with thanks for the positive experience! Btw I was unsure at first of your sliders but after seeing you in the rocks I flipping live um

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sliders worked like a charm only 1 small scrape on a body panel from trying something different but it was all my fault. They took a small beating but still strong
I saw that one time you were sitting on it towards the end of the dragon. My rockers are so beat to hell got to do something

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the aluminum shifts from s&s fabrication they took a beating and from what I saw only 2 small dents from all the pounding she took at stock height frame is still straight and screws tight

advertisement