William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am steadily understanding what guys on here are explaining... Yesterday I learned why I am supposed to be in manual shift crossing creeks or in mud holes... I crossed a creek and gassed on it and it was hunting for the right gear... Right then my light bulb lit up... I put it in manual and tried it again. Just held first gear. Much smoother... Also I am so glad I listened to you all saying run your vent lines up just in case... The picture says it all... Slid off into a nasty hole. Two girls pulled us out in a rzr... Installed my winch today... Lol.. I am finding it hard to choose if I need to have it in low or high. I also noticed if I put it in sport mode the rpms stay higher, and I don’t need to be in low. Hellifino.... I guess seat time will fix that. Also I adjusted my turf mode box today, and that is super simple! I adjusted the gear shifter today too per Honda instructions and it goes into low way easier... Been a long day. Bout to go to sleep!
4DFAA03D D633 4FD3 BDE7 46BCBE6EE004

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am steadily understanding what guys on here are explaining... Yesterday I learned why I am supposed to be in manual shift crossing creeks or in mud holes... I crossed a creek and gassed on it and it was hunting for the right gear... Right then my light bulb lit up... I put it in manual and tried it again. Just held first gear. Much smoother... Also I am so glad I listened to you all saying run your vent lines up just in case... The picture says it all... Slid off into a nasty hole. Two girls pulled us out in a rzr... Installed my winch today... Lol.. I am finding it hard to choose if I need to have it in low or high. I also noticed if I put it in sport mode the rpms stay higher, and I don’t need to be in low. Hellifino.... I guess seat time will fix that. Also I adjusted my turf mode box today, and that is super simple! I adjusted the gear shifter today too per Honda instructions and it goes into low way easier... Been a long day. Bout to go to sleep!
View attachment 186126
I know what you mean, I’ve had mine since November and feel like high gear is too high at times. I used the paddles to override high range all of the time but maybe I’ll have to put it in manual and try it for a day or two. I use low more than I ever though I would for sure.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
View attachment 186126
Make sure you double check your intake clamps.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondasxs, on a scale from one to ten how important are lengthening the vent lines on a Pioneer? I do not go looking for deep water, but I do live in Louisiana so occasionally I have to cross a bayou that is knee deepish.
You live in Louisiana, the word bayou was used, for the sake of all humanity it’s a 100 bud! 😂

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Oh boy, I have another project now for the "little gray buggy."
Yea. It's an 11.
Fuel tank is the only one vent line that will leave you stranded. If you do nothing else. Do that one. Just vent it up behind the seat.

Its easy to do. Been talking about it for years!

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea. It's an 11.
Fuel tank is the only one vent line that will leave you stranded. If you do nothing else. Do that one. Just vent it up behind the seat.

Yes sir, I have read posts of people changing them, but I figured they were a lot more aggressive drivers than myself. Thank you all for helping.

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea. It's an 11.

I finally took the time to go back and read the post that @Hondasxs (post # 11) posted. WOW!! I got to get this done.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondasxs, on a scale from one to ten how important are lengthening the vent lines on a Pioneer? I do not go looking for deep water, but I do live in Louisiana so occasionally I have to cross a bayou that is knee deepish.
Just look at my picture in the first post... I was avoiding mud holes. Slid into this one... I wasn’t happy... Do it!!!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Does your passenger seatbelt still retract after that? When I did the same thing on the drivers side it locked mine up. Just wanted to let you know to check before you needed it and it didn't work any more :p .

Reactions: Isaiah and Haldog77
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Does your passenger seatbelt still retract after that? When I did the same thing on the drivers side it locked mine up. Just wanted to let you know to check before you needed it and it didn't work any more :p .
How did u fix it? My driver said has started not retracting.

Reactions: Isaiah
Richie23

Richie23

Nov 26, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From what I understand in the honda manual if you leave hard compacted turf you need to put your machine in low range. As for manual mode for me only had to use manual for really thick mud the rest I just nail it spray and pray. As for vent lines I will tell everyone that I can, put them on with a snorkel. Dose not mean your going to run water but you never know when you might get to druck and dunk it like cop does a donut in coffee. Trust me I spent 5800 to rebuild mine after hydrolocking motor, bending rod, distorting top end and crankcase. Had to replace literally half the motor. Sport mode is only allowed in high range so I only use when on hard compacted turf. It holds the gear longer to allow less lag when up shifting this helps with faster acceleration, and smoother shifting. Will say if you use with mud tires you will need to have it in 4 wheel drive. You will roast tires through 1st and 2nd gear on asphalt in 2 wheel drive. If your ballsy enough knock yourself out on a closed track of course. WINK WINK !!!!!

Reactions: TripleB
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
How did u fix it? My driver said has started not retracting.
Pull it off and spray the crap out of it with a pressure washer or hose. Then yank on it and see if that gets it to retract. If not, take off the cover on the yellow side and blast it with some WD40. Reassemble. Then tug again and see if it loosens. You can also try unspooling the belt some with your fingers and using a flat blade to try and work the spool free. Whatever you do, don't take off the side with the red gasket/plastic; that's the spring and it will explode when you pull that cover lol.

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Pull it off and spray the crap out of it with a pressure washer or hose. Then yank on it and see if that gets it to retract. If not, take off the cover on the yellow side and blast it with some WD40. Reassemble. Then tug again and see if it loosens. You can also try unspooling the belt some with your fingers and using a flat blade to try and work the spool free. Whatever you do, don't take off the side with the red gasket/plastic; that's the spring and it will explode when you pull that cover lol.
Thanks I will try that Friday.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure you double check your intake clamps.
How do I get to the back one?
NEVERMIND... I found it and it was snug...

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!