P700 LED bulbs in stock housings. They do work.

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I replaced the 50 watt halogen bulbs on my 700 to the led's tonight. I had replaced the stock 37 watts with the 50's when I first bought it. I would estimate the 37 to 50's was about a 10 increase in brightness and the change to the led's created about 20 % more. The light matches my light bar much better. I never realized just how yellow the halogens were. I had to cut the circular guard out to fit the cooling fins. These do not
have a fan to break either. They are not adjustible so led's point up and down not sideways which I believe would make them reflect better. Overall well worth the 22.00 as long as they last. BEAMTECH-CSP-880-LED-Fog-Lights

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've thought about changing mine they are very yellow compared to my light bar. I left them so when I meet someone at night I turn off my bar and dont blind them. I didn't want to be that a$$ that blinds people.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I've thought about changing mine they are very yellow compared to my light bar. I left them so when I meet someone at night I turn off my bar and dont blind them. I didn't want to be that a$$ that blinds people.
I wish everyone would read your comment, you're probably the only one who is smart enough to think of this...

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wish everyone would read your comment, you're probably the only one who is smart enough to think of this...
About 8 years ago late at night I got into a pretty ugly discussion at Winrock with someone behind me that had their lightbar on and didn't understand being nice the first time. I know what it's like.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a 20 inch light bar that I haven't used that much due to blinding the rider in front of me, any one have suggestions for additional lighting that won't blind the rider in front of you, yet improves lighting?

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I wonder if spot lights aimed properly would be much better than flood lights. Does your light bar have a combination of both? I only have flood lights, think I'll look for spot lights and give them a try.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 20 inch light bar that I haven't used that much due to blinding the rider in front of me, any one have suggestions for additional lighting that won't blind the rider in front of you, yet improves lighting?

Changed the stock halogen bulbs to led to match light bars. They aren't any brighter just whiter and my lenses are tinted anyway. I use those day or night mainly as markers, to be seen on the trail. The small bar up front is a single row, shines low and right in front of the machine so it doesn't blind others and works as the headlight. The curved one up top is for night riding when you really need to light it up. This configuration works best for me.

7 6 19

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wonder if spot lights aimed properly would be much better than flood lights. Does your light bar have a combination of both? I only have flood lights, think I'll look for spot lights and give them a try.
My bar is a double row spot flood combo . I keep it aimed to shine down and out but on the trail going up or down it would be a problem for oncoming traffic. It's easy to flip a switch to cut it off or on.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
About 8 years ago late at night I got into a pretty ugly discussion at Winrock with someone behind me that had their lightbar on and didn't understand being nice the first time. I know what it's like.
They are behind me and running bright ass light bar i just flip my back lights on after adjusting them. I get it all the time.
Im actually still running stock headlights on my 14. My pods up front are only for the sides and work lights. Il change them when they burn out.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
They are behind me and running bright ass light bar i just flip my back lights on after adjusting them. I get it all the time.
Im actually still running stock headlights on my 14. My pods up front are only for the sides and work lights. Il change them when they burn out.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I got a nicer 6 inch bar on rear I can lightem up now. It gets the point across and my switch has the finger on it
20200308 111648

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I see a lot of post concerning with blinding oncoming drivers. I have aimed my normal headlights down to mimic a cars low beams so glare in others eyes is eliminated. I have a 12 inch lightbar mounted to grill guard for long range use. My next project is to install an old fashioned floor dimmer switch to go back and forth.

ChrisM

ChrisM

Feb 19, 2020
West Central Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have 2 pod lights mounted on the A pillars that shine just outside my head lamps left and right. They in no way will shine the front and have enough light to still see in front 20 yards or so.4b2bcf16ee007b08811b6eaccb7a920b

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My light bar is the combo spots in the middle and wider on the extremities just way too bright riding behind someone.

Reactions: Glock21user
Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Changed the stock halogen bulbs to led to match light bars. They aren't any brighter just whiter and my lenses are tinted anyway. I use those day or night mainly as markers, to be seen on the trail. The small bar up front is a single row, shines low and right in front of the machine so it doesn't blind others and works as the headlight. The curved one up top is for night riding when you really need to light it up. This configuration works best for me.

View attachment 188611
I’ve got essentially the same setup, it works well.

DEA31676 8BD7 4BD1 BBB8 C35ECF570756

BHarris8753

BHarris8753

Jan 18, 2020
Robbins, NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I installed led bulbs in the stock housings, honestly they aren't that bright to me, they don't put off as much light as the stock bulbs but looks cleaner. I installed heretic studios pods on brackets at the base of the windshield and use them for high beams and aimed them right in front of the machine. The headlight bulb number is 881, i purchased off amazon for around $20, so far they are doing good.

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like your roof bar Trademark. That’s what I’ve been looking for. Could you share make/model and how you mounted it?
Thanks man, it was kind of a pain in the ass. The one I got was just a cheap 41" bar off amazon. I checked and they don't even make it anymore. I bought these mounts since I wasn't sure where the holes would actually end up https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GX987F4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

That of course didn't give me what I needed so I drilled a new hole in each mount. Then I cut about an inch of the front of my roof off So the light would fit between the roof and the windshield while still allowing the windshield to open all the way.

9EAFE894 0200 4C42 96AB 644A7762D369

Reactions: Mudwing
Wbgiessing2

Wbgiessing2

Feb 23, 2020
St. Louis MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks man, it was kind of a pain in the ass. The one I got was just a cheap 41" bar off amazon. I checked and they don't even make it anymore. I bought these mounts since I wasn't sure where the holes would actually end up https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GX987F4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

That of course didn't give me what I needed so I drilled a new hole in each mount. Then I cut about an inch of the front of my roof off So the light would fit between the roof and the windshield while still allowing the windshield to open all the way.

View attachment 202486
Those mounts look pretty versatile! Do they hold the light bar pretty firm?

I’m guessing the mounting arm on each end of the light bar didn’t push the bar out far enough to get beyond the roof, thus the roof cut? How much farther out would it have to go to get past the roof? I’m a novice; still squeamish about cutting on a new rig😬

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Those mounts look pretty versatile! Do they hold the light bar pretty firm?

I’m guessing the mounting arm on each end of the light bar didn’t push the bar out far enough to get beyond the roof, thus the roof cut? How much farther out would it have to go to get past the roof? I’m a novice; still squeamish about cutting on a new rig😬
It's solid as a rock. And it did fit in between there without cutting the roof, but it made it angle up too high. If I had put a longer bolt with one more of the spacers on it, it probably would have been far enough out but I wasn't crazy about using a bolt that long. Thought it would probably vibrate too much while driving

Reactions: Wbgiessing2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!