LED BULBS

C

Crash14

Nov 26, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thinking about installing led bulbs in my 2018 P1000. Good idea or bad? I’m f good, what brand etc. should I get. Thanks guys.

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thinking about installing led bulbs in my 2018 P1000. Good idea or bad? I’m f good, what brand etc. should I get. Thanks guys.
Did u try the search up top?
your answer is there. Alot on the subject with brands and pics.
should you do it? It a preference. If you have pods or a lite bar, those LED’s will be like a candle compared to them

Reactions: ChadD
wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did this in attempt to get a brighter white light vs the soft white standard headlamp with a yellow tint. I have a 2022 HP 1000-5 EPS and believe it was an H-11, (but will have to check to be sure). I can tell you this, it was a much better option than dumping $$$ into upgrading to the LED lamps from Honda. MUCH brighter, and a cleaner-white color temperature.

Take one of your bulbs out and run to your local automotive parts store. You will be glad you did.

Good luck!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I can tell you this, it was a much better option than dumping $$$ into upgrading to the LED lamps from Honda. MUCH brighter, and a cleaner-white color temperature.
How you finger?
did u have the Honda LED’s?
I had the the std honda lights and put LED bulbs in them, they were better but still sucked ass, even had the most lumins you could get and still couldnt compare to the honda LED’s when side by side with one. I went with kock off Honda LED’s for 1/2 the price and couldn't be happier. Much brighter than the LED replacement. But nothing compares to a set of LED pods or small
Light bar. They blow any headlight in these things out of the water.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And a BIG light bar is even better. Just be sure to carry a fire extinguisher in case it starts to cook the foliage.

I really need to get some night shots of this thing:

20211017 112959

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Most leds kill an am/fm signal that’s why I keep my headlights factory incandescent bulls. I have plenty of light bars if I need light but that’s the only downside I see to changing them. Most are Bluetoothing it anyway

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most leds kill an am/fm signal that’s why I keep my headlights factory incandescent bulls. I have plenty of light bars if I need light but that’s the only downside I see to changing them. Most are Bluetoothing it anyway
It's not the LEDs that generate RFI (radio frequency interference), rather it's a "switching" power supply that some use to feed the LEDs. This is often evident if the LED spec has a fairly broad input voltage range, rather than something like 12-14 volts DC.

One way to mitigate that RFI is to use ferrite filters on the wiring (they are inexpensive) as close to the offending component as possible. You can use your radio to check and see if the filters are doing the job.

wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How you finger?
did u have the Honda LED’s?
I had the the std honda lights and put LED bulbs in them, they were better but still sucked ass, even had the most lumins you could get and still couldnt compare to the honda LED’s when side by side with one. I went with kock off Honda LED’s for 1/2 the price and couldn't be happier. Much brighter than the LED replacement. But nothing compares to a set of LED pods or small
Light bar. They blow any headlight in these things out of the water.
Ah, I read my comment @Remington. No, I was saying it was much brighter than standard and even brighter than my friend's CanAm LED lamps. I use headlights on the property and on the road and light bar on the trail. Not sure what H13 I bought, but they are great.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ah, I read my comment @Remington. No, I was saying it was much brighter than standard and even brighter than my friend's CANND HAM LED lamps. I use headlights on the property and on the road and light bar on the trail. Not sure what H13 I bought, but they are great.
Ik that makes more since now! I was like…say what? 😂

oh I fixed it for ya too! ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!