P500 LED headlight replacement?

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
I'm certain this has been discussed Ad nauseam, but I've searched and haven't found a definitive answer. Apologies.

Is there a recommendation for LED bulb replacement that fits, no cooling fans, and allows the dust cap to be put back in place on the 500?

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm certain this has been discussed Ad nauseam, but I've searched and haven't found a definitive answer. Apologies.

Is there a recommendation for LED bulb replacement that fits, no cooling fans, and allows the dust cap to be put back in place on the 500?
Good luck on the n0 cooling fans. I've said this many times before but you're better off to just buy the p1000 LED replacement headlight. Sold on eBay when the wiring harness and there's just a little bit I'm a modification you have to do on your P5 to make it fit. Very bright can you be happy in the long run

Reactions: lee and 500oneer
Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Good luck on the n0 cooling fans. I've said this many times before but you're better off to just buy the p1000 LED replacement headlight. Sold on eBay when the wiring harness and there's just a little bit I'm a modification you have to do on your P5 to make it fit. Very bright can you be happy in the long run

Thanks. I forgot to mention that my 500 came with 2 LED light bars, so I probably don't need to add LED bulbs, but what's the fun in that :)

I found these without fans, but don't know if they will fit.

Last edited:
Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500

These? BLACK PAIR LED HEADLIGHTS KIT FOR HONDA PIONEER 500 700 1000 | eBay

At that price I'll just keep my light bars. Hell, I never drive at night anyway. :)

Reactions: Remington
Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Order the Stark bulbs for like $30 mentioned all over the forum. Loved them so much I put them in the fog lights on my 03 Z71 Suburban, same bulb. I also have a pair of 7" lights facing forward. The Stark bulbs alone are alright, WAY better than factory, as are the 7" light bars alone. BUT, together they are magic. World good enough on a new moon that I can tell if it's a big jackrabbit or a small fox running across the road 50 yards in front of me. I night hunt a lot.

The light bars are under the mirrors in the pic.

IMG 20210703 174058070

IMG 20210704 041205554

Reactions: monaco
Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Order the Stark bulbs for like $30 mentioned all over the forum. Loved them so much I put them in the fog lights on my 03 Z71 Suburban, same bulb. I also have a pair of 7" lights facing forward. The Stark bulbs alone are alright, WAY better than factory, as are the 7" light bars alone. BUT, together they are magic. World good enough on a new moon that I can tell if it's a big jackrabbit or a small fox running across the road 50 yards in front of me. I night hunt a lot.

View attachment 284459
View attachment 284460

I just ordered these: Amazon.com: JDM ASTAR Bright White Max 50W High Power 881 LED Fog Light Bulbs: Automotive

Do you have link for yours?

Reactions: trigger
H

Hoop

I looked but did not find any led lamps that fit your requirements. Just add some auxiliary led lights is probably your best option

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks all. I ordered some 881s. I do already have LED lightbars so this is all academic, but.... It's only money.

If the bulbs don't fit, then, it's amazon. About the only thing good about Amazon is the return policy.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks. I forgot to mention that my 500 came with 2 LED light bars, so I probably don't need to add LED bulbs, but what's the fun in that :)

I found these without fans, but don't know if they will fit.

You’re right the two LEDs will be plenty, but at least the 881’s will be white to match….👍

Reactions: Tom_C
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 284459
View attachment 284460
I can see how you could run those 7’s out there like that in the desert….

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500

Yes sir.

You’re right the two LEDs will be plenty, but at least the 881’s will be white to match….👍

I thought so too, but after seeing them together I will never use just one without the other. Using either one alone is enough to get by with, but the light bar does more of a haloed view while the headlight really fill in the middle. Perfect combination together with very little lights.

I can see how you could run those 7’s out there like that in the desert….

Yes sir, I would not think about that in the tight brush I see so many pictures of on here lol. I was looking for a wide pattern at road level. Nailed it. Forgot to mention, I had them mounted inside at first too, but had a heck of a time with the hood. Could be opened, but was a bear. And I use mine for storage, and use it a lot.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Yes sir.

I thought so too, but after seeing them together I will never use just one without the other. Using either one alone is enough to get by with, but the light bar does more of a haloed view while the headlight really fill in the middle. Perfect combination together with very little lights.

Yes sir, I would not think about that in the tight brush I see so many pictures of on here lol. I was looking for a wide pattern at road level. Nailed it. Forgot to mention, I had them mounted inside at first too, but had a heck of a time with the hood. Could be opened, but was a bear. And I use mine for storage, and use it a lot.
Did you have any issues installing the Starks? or did they just plug and play? I've had them in my cart for a while now...about to pull the trigger

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Plug & play. I did forget to mention that you will need these those, the 1" extended cover. But you need that for most all aftermarket LED lights because of the fans.

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
I should also add not to forget that your headlights do have an adjustment screw. I sure pretty much everyone knows it, but just thought I would mention it just in case.

Reactions: rustyneversleeps
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Plug & play. I did forget to mention that you will need these those, the 1" extended cover. But you need that for most all aftermarket LED lights because of the fans.

I will need to grab some of these. Thanks for the heads up!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!