P500 LED headlight replacement?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Installed 881’s earlier this summer… yaaaas match the VisionX 4.5” LEDs mounted on A pillars. Do they actually provide better light (aside from whiter) then stock… mmm questionable. Anyone retrofit the P1k LED light buckets and are they superior to stock/881 combo?
9CE0AEB5 D8AA 4AAB 9305 4043FC1DBF7E

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Installed 881’s earlier this summer… yaaaas match the VisionX 4.5” LEDs mounted on A pillars. Do they actually provide better light (aside from whiter) then stock… mmm questionable. Anyone retrofit the P1k LED light buckets and are they superior to stock/881 combo?View attachment 284755

Yeah it's been done. You won't have any kind of bucket behind it though, have to hack it up to fit. I considered it but bailed as I don't use my headlights other than for running lights anyway.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
OK, I received these today and put one in. It's not quite dark here, but other photos show the difference adequately, @JCart #21. The halogens are anemic. New ones are white instead of yellow, and if I only had the stock lights I would certainly upgrade. They were plug and play, and fit behind the dust cover, no fans or extra inverter.

Reactions: trigger
Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
After thinking about it for a while, the LED bulbs are brighter, but the things to me o noticed were not only a much wider beam pattern, but white light versus the yellow light makes your view seem so much sharper, even at night.

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500

found these price is good but do they perform...
I have those bulbs. They look nice and white but as far as providing better lighting answer is no

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Just wanted to give an update on the thread...took the Honda out yesterday morning to get a little closer to some elk spots before hiking in. First time running the Starks in pitch black down tight ATV trails and I am very impressed. Might need to adjust the headlight housing up a little up, but I had plenty of distance and coverage as it was. The clarity was also a big difference from the stockers.

Got into a herd of about 20 elk, but the big dog wouldn't come in...was a good opening morning getting into elk and testing/pushing the Honda a bit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!