LED lights and Radio

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
I have a AM FM radio mounted up high in the inside of Pioneer 700. I just added the 14" Honda Lite Bar on the top and now when I turn the Lite Bar on I get no reception just static on the radio. I can turn the lite bar off and the radio works. Any ideas?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Bobbo,
It is from the computer chip (driver) inside the light bar emitting RF singles that overpower your radio. There are not too many solutions beyond moving the light bar or trying a different brand. This is fairly common with many off brand light bars from China. But I would not have expected it from Honda's bar. They should be compliant with all FCC guidelines. Not that I know what those guidelines are but I read there should be RF filtering to stop such interference.
Quick Google search for led light bar radio interference brings up a bunch of info.

Just to tie up any loos ends. Double check the grounds for both units. Make sure they are good and secure.

Reactions: Whistled03

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!