P1000 Length of Cable from #2 Battery to Engine ground.

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im thinking of running the negative from my 2nd battery back to the engine. I see where the main is grounded, and I think there is another location in about the same area where I could bring my #2 battery negative. I read a few times here that "you cant have enough ground". Or can I just double up on the primary engine ground? My SxS is at my camp and I want to bring a cable with me this week to finish the job and I dont have a measurement.. can anyone tell me how long a cable I need to run from the second battery to about the same location of the the primary ground. I just plan on buying a prefab cable and Im not wanting to coil up 5' of unused cable if I dont need to.

Thanks in advance
UKNB

Wisco_rider

Wisco_rider

Apr 25, 2020
Hartland,wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also used the preinstalled winch ground to connect to my 2nd battery. Then I have my winch cables directly to the 2nd battery.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!