BOX1

Let’s talk about prepping and self reliance!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Year ago when I worked at the shop we hired a bunch from Bosnia and they would work 80 hours a week. every year or so they would go home and get more family and bring them back. The young one who spoke some English was talking about dead bodies laying all over the street and having to step over people riddled with bullets and blown apart to the point they were unrecognizable. hard to imagine growing up in a world like that. I agree and believe that our country is not going in a good direction. I just pray that it never gets to that point.
Same here, but I think way too many folks think that it couldn’t happen here. IE ; Normalcy Bias…

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
During the war, 2000 Bosnians entered the UN defended city Srebrenica where many civilians had taken refuge and had been disarmed by the UN. At the time there were only 300 Dutch UN troops who stood aside and allowed the Bosnians to exterminate 8300 unarmed men and boys. The UN not only stood aside but decided to guard their own asses in their own food and assets and let the genocide continue of the civilian population

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also think on prevailing winds and direction of fallout. North Idaho is looking better everyday…

Reactions: Biteme and FJC 79
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
https://i0.wp.com/survivalfreedom.c...Map-Martin-Vargic-by-halyconmaps-1024x634.jpg

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And….I’m pretty sure I told you so, some time ago….
say goodbye in 55 days to all your cash payments

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
We own 600 acres near the Gulf Coast here in Florida. As I write this, I have a 300 series excavator, a 650 dozer, and a 544 loader with a rake and bucket rented. I am doing work on my property, some simply to make parts of the property accessible due to 20+ years of neglect. But some is utilitarian as well. I will be digging a massive fish pond that will be stocked with bass, bream, and catfish. I will also be clearing a portion of the property for pasture in case we wish to have some livestock. The property is loaded with deer, turkeys, and the occasional hog as well and has about 1/4 mile of creek with multiple springs. We already have a 300 yard shooting range, but I'm going to construct a 1000 yard range while I have the equipment. In this part of Florida, the Floridian Aquifer is less than ten feet underground, and I already have a well with a pitcher pump on the property along with a 6" well I drilled for irrigation many years ago when I was in the well drilling business. I will have an acre or two under irrigation for a garden using a LP gas water pump. I am also preparing a site for an off-grid home. I plan on using a combination of solar with a back up LP generator (Cummins) for power. I figure it will take a maximum of 20,000 watts of solar to power the home completely. I will be using a mini-split to heat and cool but will have a wood heater / stove as well. I will heat water with a tankless gas water heater but may utilize solar as well. I will never recover the cost of the solar panels, but saving money isn't the point. I want to be able to live / thrive completely off grid.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
We own 600 acres near the Gulf Coast here in Florida. As I write this, I have a 300 series excavator, a 650 dozer, and a 544 loader with a rake and bucket rented. I am doing work on my property, some simply to make parts of the property accessible due to 20+ years of neglect. But some is utilitarian as well. I will be digging a massive fish pond that will be stocked with bass, bream, and catfish. I will also be clearing a portion of the property for pasture in case we wish to have some livestock. The property is loaded with deer, turkeys, and the occasional hog as well and has about 1/4 mile of creek with multiple springs. We already have a 300 yard shooting range, but I'm going to construct a 1000 yard range while I have the equipment. In this part of Florida, the Floridian Aquifer is less than ten feet underground, and I already have a well with a pitcher pump on the property along with a 6" well I drilled for irrigation many years ago when I was in the well drilling business. I will have an acre or two under irrigation for a garden using a LP gas water pump. I am also preparing a site for an off-grid home. I plan on using a combination of solar with a back up LP generator (Cummins) for power. I figure it will take a maximum of 20,000 watts of solar to power the home completely. I will be using a mini-split to heat and cool but will have a wood heater / stove as well. I will heat water with a tankless gas water heater but may utilize solar as well. I will never recover the cost of the solar panels, but saving money isn't the point. I want to be able to live / thrive completely off grid.
Sounds like you have a plan. Keep thinking about doing much of the same on my Goergia property. The area you are in should be good if the SHTF. I used to hunt a lot up in the Spring Warrior area.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Sounds like you have a plan. Keep thinking about doing much of the same on my Goergia property. The area you are in should be good if the SHTF. I used to hunt a lot up in the Spring Warrior area.
Spring Warrior creek is the creek on my property. Spring Warrior spring is too. What part of Georgia are you in?

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Spring Warrior creek is the creek on my property. Spring Warrior spring is too. What part of Georgia are you in?
My property is in Telfare county. I live in Pasco county Florida. The area I used to hunt in your are was

on the south side of spring warrior creek. We came in from the Athena Church road off US19

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!