P700 Lets talk tires and lift kits

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
So, after a recent outing with 4 adults, I could use a little more lift and some more aggressive tires. Knowing very very little about lifting UTVs I'm turning to you guys for help. I think i have settled on on the Mega Mayhems. Sounds like I can go with a 27x9x12 and 27x11x12 with out any problems. If I go with the Highlifter 2.5" Adjustable Lift, I could probably go with a larger tire.

My concerns are with the axle angles and possibly weakening everything. I see alot of Polaris rigs up here with 30in tires snapping axles often and I do not any problems while out hunting.

I know no set up is perfect but where/when would I start to run into problems?

advertisement
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
The 27" tires will be all you need. If you riding 4 people i wouldn't go bigger anyways.. The strong made lift is the best i think. There has been a few issues with the highlifter liftes.

Reactions: joeymt33
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
27" tires should not require a lift. However if you want a lift anyway, steer clear of the highlifter adjustable lift. It has been problematic for some. The strong made lift or another one of that style seems to be a better design. As far as the angles on the axles, a 2" lift should not cause any problems. Snapping axles usually happens in 4 wheel lock with the wheels turned and lots of throttle! Even with stock tires. There are axle upgrades too if you're really worried about it.

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
So would a lift and 28's be any better than 27's other than ground clearance

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I don't think so 28" will hurt your power more so than the 27" less weight. I just don't think it's worth going to 28" that's just me tho. A lot get 28" for the 700.

Last edited:
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you're not having issues with ground clearance I probably wouldn't get a lift. Just raises the center of gravity and makes the machine more "tippy".

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
If you're not having issues with ground clearance I probably wouldn't get a lift. Just raises the center of gravity and makes the machine more "tippy".
Thats kinda my concern. In winter I run tracks and that lifts the machine about 6 in as it is.
Well sounds like I don't have to much to worry about. Ill be sourcing some 27 Mega Mayhems here shortly

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Yea i agree i would hold off on the lift. See how it does with just 27" tires. Also you can turn you rear shocks to the highest setting.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thats kinda my concern. In winter I run tracks and that lifts the machine about 6 in as it is.
Well sounds like I don't have to much to worry about. Ill be sourcing some 27 Mega Mayhems here shortly
Cool. Let's see some pictures once they're on!

advertisement
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
If you haven't shopped locally yet, check out Northstar Motorsports in the valley. Found them thru AK Mudslingers. I just messaged them about their website prices, they say they are final prices. TIRES
They prefer you placing the order in the shop if the tires aren't already in stock. I'm going to swing by this week and check out the 30" Terms.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
If you haven't shopped locally yet, check out Northstar Motorsports in the valley. Found them thru AK Mudslingers. I just messaged them about their website prices, they say they are final prices. TIRES
They prefer you placing the order in the shop if the tires aren't already in stock. I'm going to swing by this week and check out the 30" Terms.
There was a TV show on with a guy that lived in Eagle river, AK. Can't think of the name of the show or the guy. I would like to come up there one day

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
There was a TV show on with a guy that lived in Eagle river, AK. Can't think of the name of the show or the guy. I would like to come up there one day
Don't think I have ever heard about that one.

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
I checked out northstars website last night as well as A2D sled works.
I put the 1in spacer in the front shocks and that lifted it a little even though that wasn't my intention. It rides amazing on the bumps now

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I put the 1in spacer in the front shocks and that lifted it a little even though that wasn't my intention. It rides amazing on the bumps now
I was going to say do that lol the spacers.. You can put some on the rears too if you wanted too.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Just got back last night. Spring spacers and highlifter kit was waiting for me. Heading out to the garage now to tinker with these and see which parts I want to run

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
SuperATV will have arached A arms out soon.

I saw those on facebook this afternoon. Good to see more parts are coming out. Its kinda sad to see all the Polaris aftermarket support and then theres us over here with a few things.

Reactions: scott
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
SuperATV will have arached A arms out soon.
Do you have any details? I keep hounding them to tell me when they will build some and they never give a straight answer.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!