The Ginger Cracker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2024
Western NC mtns
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thinking of wiring my lightbar to high beam,

My new trail has unmarked switches on bottom, dealer says they are for added accessories, where would I find the wiring fron them, having a hard time

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

My new trail has unmarked switches on bottom, dealer says they are for added accessories, where would I find the wiring fron them, having a hard time
You’ll need the wiring kit from the Club Store. Those switches have no power. If he hasn’t shut down yet @Hondasxs can get you exactly what you need.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Mine is a 2016 model, but I ordered the kit from the club store that energizes the light bar when switched to high beam. I like not having the extra switch.

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Unless they changed something between 2023 and 24, the Trail should only have 1 unused switch on the bottom row.

Left to Right
Winch, Dome Light (center of seat), and Extra
IMG 0364

The Extra switch wires run up under the hood and should have a small dummy plug. At least I’m pretty sure that’s it. I believe the club store sells connectors for it with wiring. Or you should be able to cut and splice the short dummy ends of the factory plug.
IMG 0365

I purchased the LED light bar from the club store. It comes on with high beam and is plug and play. Mount is simple to install as well.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
He said let him know if anybody needs anything message him and he will bring it to TO

Reactions: Mudwisel and TxDoc
Jason W

Jason W

The Ginger Cracker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2024
Western NC mtns
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unless they changed something between 2023 and 24, the Trail should only have 1 unused switch on the bottom row.

Left to Right
Winch, Dome Light (center of seat), and ExtraView attachment 430123

The Extra switch wires run up under the hood and should have a small dummy plug. At least I’m pretty sure that’s it. I believe the club store sells connectors for it with wiring. Or you should be able to cut and splice the short dummy ends of the factory plug.
View attachment 430124

I purchased the LED light bar from the club store. It comes on with high beam and is plug and play. Mount is simple to install as well.
The high beam on harness I definitely need, will save the switch for something else.

Reactions: TxDoc
advertisement
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used a seven pin on off on switch with a relay and the high beam kit from the club store. It allows for the light bar or bars in my case to be either on with high beams on by their selves or off completely

Reactions: Backwoods and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also note those factory switches are only rated at something like 3 amps, so anything beyond a dome light you will want to use a relay with them to power whatever it is that you need.
I wondered about that. On my trucks, I have two light bars. I used two DPDT switches to have each light bar, off, on or on with high beams. But used two relays.

On edit.. Hillbillytnt That is what I did with my trucks

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Jason W

Jason W

The Ginger Cracker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2024
Western NC mtns
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We found what I thought was the plug, tested key on, no continuity to ground no power, fuses fine

??????????.
20240524 095429

Reactions: TxDoc and Backwoods
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We found what I thought was the plug, tested key on, no continuity to ground no power, fuses fine

??????????.View attachment 430166
If memory serves me correctly…you’ve got to run key on power to the switches, and then there’s a pigtail in the kit that allows you to hook up your accessories. It’s a simple process with the kit, I just can’t remember how to explain it.

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

??????????.View attachment 430166

If memory serves me correctly…you’ve got to run key on power to the switches, and then there’s a pigtail in the kit that allows you to hook up your accessories. It’s a simple process with the kit, I just can’t remember how to explain it.

My understanding is that’s just wired to each pole of the switch. You tie in from there sending it whatever you want and it switches it. They are low amp so any much of a load will require a relay. Mine’s still empty for now, might use for a cooling fan in the future.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!