P1000 Linkage adjustment help, please!

P

PioneeringMO

Jun 8, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Watched this.

Fantastic instruction and no real problem with what I need to do. However, after opening up my linkage box, I’m floored at how far off it is. The uneven linkage is mine in park. The even pic is his.

It’s mostly working fine but won’t go in and out of turf without multiple attempts. My questions is this:

Are ALL the years the same for settings and procedure? If so I’ll just proceed. Just can’t believe the difference.

IMG 0720 IMG 0721

Reactions: TxDoc
P

PioneeringMO

Jun 8, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that I look at the amount of threads on the exposed ends I’m thinking this may have been done to compensate for slop in the shifter adjustment?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I have adjusted many of these, every one is a little different. When you get it close only make 1 notch adjustments and recheck the functionality before making another adjustment. Some are very finicky.

P

PioneeringMO

Jun 8, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you both. I think I got it. First of all, I’m an idiot. I say this because the video clearly shows the machine being in park and in 2-wheel drive, not turf. Once I got that changed, it was pretty close. Basically, I got everything adjusted to what the factory setting should be, then adjusted from there. So I have it working 100% when it’s jacked up and shifting back-and-forth, but there still seems to be a bit of delay on the ground. Not bad, but it’s definitely not instantaneous. I am assuming this is pretty normal.

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you both. I think I got it. First of all, I’m an idiot. I say this because the video clearly shows the machine being in park and in 2-wheel drive, not turf. Once I got that changed, it was pretty close. Basically, I got everything adjusted to what the factory setting should be, then adjusted from there. So I have it working 100% when it’s jacked up and shifting back-and-forth, but there still seems to be a bit of delay on the ground. Not bad, but it’s definitely not instantaneous. I am assuming this is pretty normal.
It helps sometimes if you turn slightly while driving to engage/disengage between turf and 2wd

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
In my experience the shifting may not be instantaneous while moving on the ground. As mentioned above turn slightly left and right while move forward may help speed the shift. I don't think the shift will happen if the gears are under load.

P

PioneeringMO

Jun 8, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks all. I’ve decided it happens quickly enough and no loud bang so I think it’s good to go. Also noticed the indicator light seems to lag and that is probably what I’m noticing most.

Reactions: WagginTail
advertisement