P1000 KFI plow adjustment

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
New to plowing snow and new to using the KFI plow. Should the plow shoes be contacting the ground flat when the blade is resting on the ground? the top of my plow is too far forward for this to happen which means the front of the shoes dig into the ground with the rear of the shoes well off the ground. this is telling me the blade is also out of adjustment contacting the ground meaning its angled to dig into the ground too much. So bottom line i have to offset this by raising the plow higher to keep from digging into the gravel. I need at least 6 inches of snow to look like i am doing anything. the only adjustment i see is the spring tension which is for sensitivity when hitting something. currently i dont use the shoes because i have to run the plow so high but just using the shoes as a means to explain my problem

Reactions: Buggyman
J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your attack angle is off.Look where the plow rests with sprinds on and see if you can adjust that.So the plow rests father back at the top of the plow.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Pics of the plow angle and the installed mounting hardware would help and ever body loves pitchers. 😍

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yes, you have to move the allen head stop bolts to a different position. I had to do the same.

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine has a block that the plow rest on. I have the blocks adjusted to lean the plow back as far as it will go. Not eonugh.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Mine has a block that the plow rest on. I have the blocks adjusted to lean the plow back as far as it will go. Not eonugh.
Pics please

Reactions: CID
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
New to plowing snow and new to using the KFI plow. Should the plow shoes be contacting the ground flat when the blade is resting on the ground? the top of my plow is too far forward for this to happen which means the front of the shoes dig into the ground with the rear of the shoes well off the ground. this is telling me the blade is also out of adjustment contacting the ground meaning its angled to dig into the ground too much. So bottom line i have to offset this by raising the plow higher to keep from digging into the gravel. I need at least 6 inches of snow to look like i am doing anything. the only adjustment i see is the spring tension which is for sensitivity when hitting something. currently i dont use the shoes because i have to run the plow so high but just using the shoes as a means to explain my problem

Reactions: Kelldog and CID
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Zoom in on the far-right picture and look at the Allen bolt location and the angle of the shoes in relation to the floor. remove the Allen bolts and tilt your blade back to a more vertical position that should solve your problem. unfortunately the other poster this was sent to never responded as to whether it helped him or not.

Last edited:
K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dang that doesnt look anything like mine. I bought mine used. Now i am wondering if its a KFI to begin with. I need to look online to verify what i got
anyone have a picture of the attack angle adjusted for gravel uneven surface? Pic of it on flat concrete for illustration

Last edited:
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dang that doesnt look anything like mine. I bought mine used. Now i am wondering if its a KFI to begin with. I need to look online to verify what i got
Post up some pics one of these guys will know who makes it.

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dang i have the denali pro. geez. Attack angle pic would help me out regardless. Gravel uneven surface.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Screenshot 20230223 0814162

Reactions: toddvdh and Jerryg
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Do you have anything that raised the sxs (lift/ larger tires). Pictures of the where the blade is mounted to the push tube would be a big help. POIDH. ( pics or it didn't happen) as stated earlier we like pics. :)

Reactions: CID and Jerryg
K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No all stock. This is the 72 inch model so it weighs down the front end a little making it worst

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
uhm.....................................
4 people trying to help you.
3 of them asking for pics to help.
No pics from you, but then you ask for pics??????
I only have gravel and grass.
Drop the blade, some where that it looks level.
Adjust the feet so the blade is at least an inch off the ground.
Do NOT plow the first snow.
Drive over it to get a froze pack.
edit to add
And Always push back as far as you can.
Once it freezes, yo will not be able to move the pile.
Have a good day

Last edited:
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What Mark said if you're plowing a gravel driveway. ☝️ ☝️ ☝️

The stop-block allen bolts are under the springs on both sides of my 72" KFI.
They're right above the main mounting bolts.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
What Mark said if you're plowing a gravel driveway. ☝️ ☝️ ☝️

The stop-block allen bolts are under the springs on both sides of my 72" KFI.
They're right above the main mounting bolts.
View attachment 375600
He said he has a Denali which is supposedly a diff. set up but no pictures to help. 🤷‍♂️

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup. A couple pictures of your plow and a bunch of could tell you what to adjust.

attack angle is a tough one. I saw the chart up above, but it depends on the type of snow also.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!