P1000 Dennali plow basics

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I rarely get a hard pack base to let the snow plow shoes rest on the gravel. i am also picky about moving any gravel at all but i cant much of a close plow at all . Is this just how it is keeping the blade high enough off the gravel Will still leave a few inches of snow? Or do i have an adjustment i can do to change how the plow sits close to the ground to help

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yep! Thats the way it us with plowing gravel. Almost impossible not to take some up.
I set my plow at 1-2” off the ground and go.
Its nearly impossible to know the topographical of the dirt/gravel rd your riding on to make that quick of an adjustment.
Just get out send it and push it!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
For plowing gravel driveways:

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Once you get the snow packed down it will plow way easier.

For my concrete pads I angle the plow and pull the shoes off the blade. On my Denali plow I replaced the shoe pins with linchpins so I can slip them on and off easily.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Split, schedule 80 pvc or iron pipe, fastened - tack welded on the edge helps, if you're handy.

F62583fabebefd760c492322a92d3e2a

Mountain Whiskey

Mountain Whiskey

Dec 10, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I plow a gravel drive. I used a Jeep for a couple of years. It moved gravel around but on the bright side, it leveled the hump in the middle. If I left a snow pack to freeze up I wouldn't get up the slope. That's the reason for plowing.

I got the Denali Pro from the Club Store (highly recommend buying from here) and it is heavier duty than the DK2 plow I had on the Jeep. I might see if I can pull the small winch that ran the DK2 and rig it up for this plow. This would allow me to have the strap for the plow on one and my full winch open for pulling if needed.

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!