Live Valve Steering Angle Sensor

H

HondaTech

Anybody with an Live Valve (2 or 4 seat) that have had issues with their Steering Angle Sensor?

If so I'd like to PM you for more information about what became of the situation.

M

ManofManyStangs

Apr 25, 2020
P'Burg KY
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have a 4 seater live last trip while turning on pavement my power steering went out. Only time it has happened and not happened since.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
@GBell posted this earlier today...

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Anybody with an Live Valve (2 or 4 seat) that have had issues with their Steering Angle Sensor?

If so I'd like to PM you for more information about what became of the situation.
I'm looking for answers about this sensor if you have any information?

Reactions: Brando941
J

JonCarp

Jun 22, 2020
Charleston WV
Ownership

1. Talon R
I read the sensor going bad makes the shock warning light come on? If so I’m in that problem now with 50 miles on it.

Reactions: DSig
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I read the sensor going bad makes the shock warning light come on? If so I’m in that problem now with 50 miles on it.
It’s under warranty right?

J

JonCarp

Jun 22, 2020
Charleston WV
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yea they have it. It’s the steering angle sensor. 2 week back order on it.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Came in but didn’t fix the issue. Ordered two more sensors.
Jon,
I see a recurring theme on the net concerning LV warning lights...

Light (or lights) come on.
Dealer tries all kinds of diagnostics and repairs to no avail.
Owner or Dealer finds loose, corroded or broken ground.
Owner or Dealer fixes ground.
Problem solved.

One even had a broken off ground bolt in the engine that wasn't extracted and made the new ground bolt feel tight but the bolt wasn't actually clamping the wires.

Have you or your dealer checked all the grounds? Make sure there is no corrosion and that they are all clamped down properly and that the wires don't move?

D

DorkMissile

Jun 24, 2020
Twin Cities, MN
Ownership

1. Talon R
I will say on my machine after reading several had luck with checking the grounds I checked the one under the driver's seat (which had a small amount of corrosion - I cleaned & re-tightened), tightened the ground on the engine, and snugged the battery terminals after my previous ride. My light was on after about 8 miles on this trip

Reactions: TripleB
D

DorkMissile

Jun 24, 2020
Twin Cities, MN
Ownership

1. Talon R
FYI - I was informed by one LiveValve owner that the issue with his was that he had a shock partially loose it's nitrogen charge

Brando941

Brando941

Sep 16, 2020
Sarasota FL
Ownership

1. Talon X4

yes going through a fight with Honda and a dealer right now. Trying to deny warranty claim.

• Angry
Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!