P700 Load rating and running 4x same tires

M

mrallen

Sep 11, 2015
I've done more research into tires and wheels than I thought imaginable. Just when I had my kit picked out (26x9x14 Bighorns all around on STI HD6 wheels), I find that the load rating is only 400lbs on these tires. That seems really really low. I'm now unsure about buying them. I want to keep the weight as low as possible and wanted a 26" or 27" tire. Any help is appreciated.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found that was actually very common occurrence. A lot of these new machine are coming with tires that really aren't rated for the machine according to the spec sheet. I don't know if their specs just need to be updated because you see that is only with 7 psi of air. I ended up putting a set of Maxiss Cerros on mine and have been very pleased with them.

M

mrallen

Sep 11, 2015
If you don't mind me asking, what size did you go with? Is your Pioneer lifted?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Maxxis Bighorns 27x9x14 front.27x12x14.....ITP rims.cant go wrong

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm seeing more and more of this. I like the idea.

I just hit 2000 miles with my 700 today. I've had it right at 13 months and the stock tires are worn out junk. I think the truck tires should last almost forever.
They look a little odd (different is a better word) but I can get used to it.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok but the load rating is really low on them. Is yours a 4 seater?
Yes I do have the 4 seater.1100 miles on tires with excellent wear.Many on here have same setup.I also have the stock tires and rims but hate the ride.my maxxis are 28s but they run my muddy busters. That is why I recommend 27s

M

mrallen

Sep 11, 2015
Yes I do have the 4 seater.1100 miles on tires with excellent wear.Many on here have same setup.I also have the stock tires and rims but hate the ride.my maxxis are 28s but they run my muddy busters. That is why I recommend 27s
Good info. And it's not lifted correct? Also, did you notice any loss of power with running them?

advertisement
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good info. And it's not lifted correct? Also, did you notice any loss of power with running them?
No lift but I do have spring spacers in front. Hardly any power loss with 28s so you will be fine with 27s. Small truck tires sounds good as well but I have no experience with them.

M

mrallen

Sep 11, 2015
No lift but I do have spring spacers in front. Hardly any power loss with 28s so you will be fine with 27s. Small truck tires sounds good as well but I have no experience with them.
Appreciate the reply. Good info.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you don't mind me asking, what size did you go with? Is your Pioneer lifted?
I am still running the stock rims so I just went with the 26-9x12 on the front and 26-11x12 on the back. I have been very pleased with them and have a little over 2000 miles on them. We drive our rig a lot in the summer in town so quite a bit of pavement and they have done very well this summer plowing on snow and ice.

M

mrallen

Sep 11, 2015
I am still running the stock rims so I just went with the 26-9x12 on the front and 26-11x12 on the back. I have been very pleased with them and have a little over 2000 miles on them. We drive our rig a lot in the summer in town so quite a bit of pavement and they have done very well this summer plowing on snow and ice.
I do like the look of those tires. I'm just afraid I get in too much mud and too many hills for them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!