Lockbox / Safe for handgun

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok my question for all you guys and gals that carry is has anyone mounted any type of Lockbox/Safe in your Pioneer to be able to secure your weapon if you need to?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Imho I think it would take to long to retrieve it in an emergency situation because you won't think as clearly. Plus if you gone your not gonna leave a gun in your ride when your gone somewhere else.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
You may be riding with the wrong crowd, LOL.

Seriously and if bringing something, I would consider riding conditions (mud/depth of water), but likely put something near the steering wheel in a "SAFE/SECURE" position and many options out there for vehicles to consider.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher put a lock on his glovebox. I’d say that’s the best option if you’re worried about it
If I did need too it would probably be in the tailgate storage, less noticeable. We just did glovebox lock for campground use and to keep all the kids out of. Anything that looks like it locks is first place someone breaks into. On the gas tank under seat would probably be safer.
Anywhere we go there’d be no reason to leave firearms behind. Even taverns here you just bring it and check it in. Leave pic it up.

H

Hondarider203

Nov 13, 2018
Farmdale ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's a keeper magnet I mounted under the dash. Cant even see it if you dont really know it's there and so far it hasn't moved. Also a quick access if needed

20181115 175619

J

JTW

If I did need too it would probably be in the tailgate storage, less noticeable. We just did glovebox lock for campground use and to keep all the kids out of. Anything that looks like it locks is first place someone breaks into. On the gas tank under seat would probably be safer.
Anywhere we go there’d be no reason to leave firearms behind. Even taverns here you just bring it and check it in. Leave pic it up.
That’s true... I took all my stuff out of the can and put it in the door panel storage in Moab when we’d go out to eat.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That’s true... I took all my stuff out of the can and put it in the door panel storage in Moab when we’d go out to eat.
No one would look there except for Pioneer owners but all I’ve met you’d have no worries. I worry about you more then most here in some ways (lol) but you ain’t a thief.
I say find a spot that’s inconspicuous and someone will never look.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
To me, there are two key things when considering carrying a gun in a vehicle/UTV:

a) That you have access to it; when I say access, it needs to be available quickly if needed, so thought/training are required. As mentioned previously, there are many nice quick secure boxes out there to consider.
b) It must be secured, so no one other than you can get to it. Hence, you need to able to park and enjoy events in confidence that the gun is safely stored/secured.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thx for the replies and ideas guys.
I should clarify that I'm looking to secure a weapon when it cant be carried.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cp, I wish it was that way here. We have way to many liberturd gun laws here!!!

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!