P700 Looking for a Towable Storage Cover for Pioneer 700-4D

T

Tim-o

Mar 26, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi all:
I‘ve been trying for some time to find and purchase a TOWABLE STORAGE COVER (PART#: 0SP36-HL3-201) (MSRP $229.95) for my 2018 Pioneer SXS700-4D. So far, I’ve had absolutely no luck finding a SXS or UTV dealer online who has one in stock or knows when they will be available.

Does anyone have any ideas where I may find one available for sale, or happen to have one in pretty good shape that they may be willing to sale?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, and please stay healthy in these trying times !
Tim-o

20EC2CD1 A2B0 4263 B9F8 E5F217D84D25

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Why do u want to cover it while towing? The only machine I’ve ever covered while towing was my snowmobiles due to the harsh salt on the roads in the winter and the windshields aren’t that ridged.
You’ll be ok not covering your 700 while towing and it’s gona get dirty on the trail anyway. that’s probably why your not finding any due to the little if no demand of them IMO. I know the non towable ones aren’t had to find and those I can see more of a purpose.

oh and welcome to the forum from the Motor City!

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't know about sxs's but it is a common question for rv owners looking for covers and they do sell them.
However, most manufacturers do not recommend them as the wind whipping them ruins the fiberglass as it rubs against it.

I suspect a cover moving down the highway would do the same or worse.
Your machine but it may answer why you can't find many.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I could see that degrading the appearance a getting beat against it by the wind.

Reactions: Remington
N

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I purchased one last year. Like others have mentioned, I've noticed black rub marks on my front fenders. They do clean off with a little polishing. I'm not sure how long it would take to do damage that can't be easily fixed. IMHO the cover works good at towing speeds under 60 MPH. Out here, I trailer mine 400 miles one way on the Interstate at 80 MPH (Our speed limit). The cover will not sustain that kind of punishment. I've had the right rear upper corner repaired. The seam has come apart in the same spot twice now. If I make the trip at 60 MPH, no problem.

My buddy had the wind rip his hard roof off his 700 while towing it without any cover. Granted he was towing at 80 MPH with a 30 MPH cross wind, can't beat them Duramax engines. Tore the clamps right out of the roof.

Knowing that, I took my 700 to a custom shop that makes boat tarps. Had a padded cover made that covers the windshield and extends up and over the front of my hard roof by about 9". Secures the roof better and prevents air from getting under the roof while trailering the unit. Protects the windshield from rock chips and pits.

Hope this info gives you some direction. With that said, I would sell the one I have. It's in good condition, except for the upper right rear corner that needs to be repaired, sewn up again. Shoot me a message.

T

Tim-o

Mar 26, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
”Knowing that, I took my 700 to a custom shop that makes boat tarps. Had a padded cover made that covers the windshield and extends up and over the front of my hard roof by about 9". Secures the roof better and prevents air from getting under the roof while trailering the unit. Protects the windshield from rock chips and pits.“

Hi there,
I agree that a full cover would likely beat the hell out of the finish, and I’d like to avoid that, if possible. But I don’t like the idea of trailering my 700-4 over 500 miles by Interstate with nothing over the front of it, simply because I’m concerned that the hard roof or windshield would become a wing and fly off. Do you have the name & contact info of the custom shop the makes boat covers that made the custom 700 cover for you? It sounds like exactly what is needed. I’d like to get in touch with them and see if they may still have a record of what they made for you.
Thanks,
Tim-o

N

NewHere2

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
It sounds like exactly what is needed. I’d like to get in touch with them and see if they may still have a record of what they made for you.
Thanks,
Tim-o

Sent you a message.

N

NewHere2

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
IMG 2508

Honda 700-4 with windshield/roof protector installed. It was custom made by my local boat tarp company. Tear resistant material is extremely tough. I just finished a 400 mile trip trailering the Honda at 65 MPH into a driving rainstorm with 20-30 MPH headwinds. Normally I trailer at 80 MPH (our speed limit).

IMG 2510

My 700 has the Short Hard front roof and the soft fabric rear roof. The rear fabric roof stays on the vehicle and is rolled up against the rear of the front roof. The towing cover extends completely over the front roof and also over the rolled up rear roof. Protecting both. I stated to unhook the passenger side then decided to take pics. That's why it looks loose.

IMG 2507

Two straps hold the cover in place on the windshield. Notice the attached 3/4" pad for more windshield protection. Addition straps secure the cover as well.

IMG 2509

The rear portion is strapped to the ROPB. Notice how it covers my rolled up fabric rear roof. I just loosened the strap, then decided to take a pic.
Normally it locks down tight.

IMG 2505

This pic shows how the sides are strapped down. This would be looking up at the roof cross bar outer edge, above the steering wheel. One strap on each side wraps around the cross bar to keep it tight.

IMG 2511

This is what it looks like upside down. Notice the thick pad for the windshield. Very light weight and extremely durable. Works equally good with my winter doors or my 1/2 doors I run in summer. What I like best, it leaves no marks on the body. Much better than the factory cover.

Hope this helps!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!