P1000 Looking for Input

DirtRacer11L

DirtRacer11L

Mar 23, 2021
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dad's been using my pioneer 1000 all summer and wants to buy it, I've been putting him off saying he can use it as much as he wants and doesn't need to buy it but he's been persistent and I haven't used it once and could use the money for some other things. Told me to give him a price and I know he won't argue so I'm just looking for opinions on a fair price. Info below.

2018 1000-5 EPS, less than 3000 miles
Factory Fox Shocks
SuperATV Extended A-Arms Front and Rear
29" BFG Mud-Terrains
Factory Honda Glass Windshield
Honda Hard Roof
Bluetooth Sound Bar
Fabric rear window
Synthetic Warn Winch
Hillbilly Brake
Front and rear mudbusters (not shown)
2020 Factory Wheels

Few surface scratches down the sides from narrow trails, great condition otherwise, probably less than 500 miles on tires+shocks+arms. I like building stuff but don't really have time to use it!

So what do you guys think it's worth? Thanks in advance!

Side 20210903 174802

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice looking rig. It’s hard to put our price tag on that unit when you’re selling it to your dad.
I would get 18 and up for outsiders.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My dad's been using my pioneer 1000 all summer and wants to buy it, I've been putting him off saying he can use it as much as he wants and doesn't need to buy it but he's been persistent and I haven't used it once and could use the money for some other things. Told me to give him a price and I know he won't argue so I'm just looking for opinions on a fair price. Info below.

2018 1000-5 EPS, less than 3000 miles
Factory Fox Shocks
SuperATV Extended A-Arms Front and Rear
29" BFG Mud-Terrains
Factory Honda Glass Windshield
Honda Hard Roof
Bluetooth Sound Bar
Fabric rear window
Synthetic Warn Winch
Hillbilly Brake
Front and rear mudbusters (not shown)
2020 Factory Wheels

Few surface scratches down the sides from narrow trails, great condition otherwise, probably less than 500 miles on tires+shocks+arms. I like building stuff but don't really have time to use it!

So what do you guys think it's worth? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 438737 View attachment 438738
🤔.....trade it to him for a new Talon 😉 you're welcome

DirtRacer11L

DirtRacer11L

Mar 23, 2021
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depends..... do you like your Dad?
Yeah, just haven't shopped for a while and pricing is a crap shoot on modified stuff. Usually I'd just throw out a price higher than I expect and deal down from there but looking for outside opinions since this is more of a "name the price" deal.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
With all due respect, I would not be trying to maximize the sales price if it were my Dad. I owe him far more than I'll ever be able to repay him. But, no, not giving it away to him, either. In most cases, most accessories and mods don't really amount to much of their original cost @ resale time. I've got over 5 figures into accessories and mods on my P1K5 (and pushing that on the Talon. too), and I wouldn't expect to get much of that back if I were to sell it today.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
With all due respect, I would not be trying to maximize the sales price if it were my Dad. I owe him far more than I'll ever be able to repay him. But, no, not giving it away to him, either. In most cases, most accessories and mods don't really amount to much of their original cost @ resale time. I've got over 5 figures into accessories and mods on my P1K5 (and pushing that on the Talon. too), and I wouldn't expect to get much of that back if I were to sell it today.
iu

advertisement
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMO,
If mine were alive, it'd be a gift, regardless.

No dealer BS, no NADA, no Kelly blue book. It's worth what someone who wants it, will pay.
I'd look into cycle trader, sxs trader, Craigslist and classified adds for what private sales are bringing.
Be prepared for a loss.

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
to non family, 17-18K for the way you are set up.
Looking on forums and on UTV trader rags, seems about right.
For dad, lil different... Yep, if I was loaded, i would gift it to dad...
but that's not my reality...
so, here's where i would go: (approximately)

"dad, i can get 18 for this thing, but you are my dude. You have been using it and caring for it and for that I am grateful.
If you would let me drive the old girl now and then, I'd be happy with 15, and it's a win win for us both... it helps me invest in other important things and keeps it in the family. Let me know what you think."

and go from there...

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

"dad, i can get 18 for this thing, but you are my dude. You have been using it and caring for it and for that I am grateful.
If you would let me drive the old girl now and then, I'd be happy with 15, and it's a win win for us both... it helps me invest in other important things and keeps it in the family. Let me know what you think."

and go from there...
X2

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

and go from there...

x3.

There’s also great benefit for both parties in this type of situation.

As the buyer I’m willing to pay more to a person and machine that I know and trust.

As the seller I’m willing to take less for an easy seamless transaction with no tire kickers or worries of getting a bum payment.

DirtRacer,
It depends, but I expect your dad wants to give you a fair price for your machine. I know I would if in his position.

Reactions: Backwoods