Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
some body had to be the 1st one i guess. iam in Kodiak, AK. i know there are a few of us 700-4 guys here.

Daddio

Daddio

Feb 16, 2015
I might have to haul up there from Idaho! I have yet to see another Pioneer in the wild down here.

Reactions: bobbyhill
Daddio

Daddio

Feb 16, 2015
Although it won't be long now. My father-in-law ordered a P500 after he drove my P4. It'll share seat time with his RZR.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
i know of 8 diffrent 700-4's on my island alone!! i guess Alaska loves honda!

Reactions: ohanacreek
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I belong to a ATV club in Yakima, WA and out of 108 members I'm the only one with a Honda SxS. I hope that will change soon.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I have noticed on different member maps there is a huge number difference from east of the Mississippi river compared to west of it. Much higher amounts on the east.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I belong to a ATV club in Yakima, WA and out of 108 members I'm the only one with a Honda SxS. I hope that will change soon.
I have the first, and only, Honda SxS on my island (P500). However, that probably won't be the case for long. Everyone who looks/rides/drives it says that they will be buying one. I know that one person has ordered a P500 already. Maybe I'll have some company on the trails in a few days. One can always hope. Ha!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have noticed on different member maps there is a huge number difference from east of the Mississippi river compared to west of it. Much higher amounts on the east.
The problem is that people do not register on the member map. look at the number of people that are on it and then look at member numbers. I wish people would use this tool more, so that we could create riding groups based on location.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Yea that's true not everyone does it. But I'm comparing all of them. There is more than just the one on this forum. Ones from other forums also the Facebook groups map. On all of them maps its a huge margin East of Mississippi River but Texas and that southern region Ok, AR has a good bit too. Good numbers in some mid states too.

Last edited:
Reactions: p500fan
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Yea that's true not everyone does it. But I'm comparing all of them. There is more than just the one on this forum. Ones from other forums also the Facebook groups map. On all of them maps its a huge margin East of Mississippi River but Texas and that southern region Ok, AR has a good bit too. Good numbers in some mid states too.
I think it has to do with riding styles, terrain, and brand loyalty. Things aren't as "cramped" east of the Mississippi River, so trails are wider, there's more open area, and there's more ground to cover. Wider, faster machines are desired, and the other UTV manufacturers have catered to this demographic for the past decade. Now, Honda has entered the market with (arguably) the best 50" machine out there. They are selling like hotcakes to people who never thought about buying UTVs, due to width restrictions. Honda has entered the larger (60" wide) market with the 700 (and 1000) to compete with companies who have had years to saturate the market. It will take time to build a base, as a large percentage of the consumers already have a machine. "New" consumers make up only a fraction of that market, and many of them will be swayed by what their friends and mentors are driving. The good news for Honda is, they have listened to the complaints and suggestions of a largely ignored group of consumers. They have taken this feedback, and built the P1K, which looks to address all of these issues. If it does, I'm positive Honda will gain a large share of this market in the next couple of years.

Reactions: bobbyhill
K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA

Lynn, what model do you have and what dealer you buy from in Yakima?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!