P1000 Looking to purchase a new Pioneer 1000

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am a longtime enthusiast and user of anything Honda - cars, atv's, mowers and weedwhackers. I even used to work Training Honda Factory Trained automotive technicians. Needles to say, I don't have to be convinced of Honda's quality and reliability. I am looking to buy a Pioneer 1000. I live in North Carolina and none of the dealers have any in stock for me to look at. I don't really need to see much but I do have one important question. I am 6' 4" tall and I weigh about 325 lbs. Is there enough leg room and foot space for anyone my size to comfortably operate this vehicle? I know that the Honda is a little smaller in this area than a Can Am or a Polaris but I desperately don't want to buy a SxS that's powered by a rubber band. Is there any modifications to increase legroom?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rock hill powersports in Rock Hill, SC had a white 1000-5 last weekend. Maybe you could look there.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am a longtime enthusiast and user of anything Honda - cars, atv's, mowers and weedwhackers. I even used to work Training Honda Factory Trained automotive technicians. Needles to say, I don't have to be convinced of Honda's quality and reliability. I am looking to buy a Pioneer 1000. I live in North Carolina and none of the dealers have any in stock for me to look at. I don't really need to see much but I do have one important question. I am 6' 4" tall and I weigh about 325 lbs. Is there enough leg room and foot space for anyone my size to comfortably operate this vehicle? I know that the Honda is a little smaller in this area than a Can Am or a Polaris but I desperately don't want to buy a SxS that's powered by a rubber band. Is there any modifications to increase legroom?
6ft 325 plenty of steering wheel to abdomen room... at 6'4" your legs will be 90' similar to a single cab pu truck

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You’ll probably be fine, I know several taller people that own them. I’m 6-1 which I suppose average but no issue at all. Like the seating position a lot myself, it’s more upright. Everyone feels things differently so ya go sit in one.
no real way to get more room without a massive undertaking.

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sounds as if I will be ok. I will check one out soon. I feel a little reassured

Reactions: Lady01
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure how far u want to drive but morgantown power sports and rg honda in Northern W.V have a few red deluxe 3 and 5 seaters

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure how far u want to drive but morgantown power sports and rg honda in Northern W.V have a few red deluxe 3 and 5 seaters
Thats about a 6 hour drive but I will certainly consider them when its time to purchase

G

GEM1N1998

Oct 22, 2020
Lee's Summit
I’m 6’4” (36” inseam) and have never thought i was cramped for legroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the advice. I will try one out for size. I definitely don't want to ride around in a Canned Ham.

bradvass1979

bradvass1979

Dec 15, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Go with the pioneer. You wont be disappointed with the leg room..However with the gas pedal it be can be a little difficult riding until u get it figured out..Its hard to keep ur foot flat while pushing the gas.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Perhaps if you post a request someone near you who owns a P1k will allow you to sit in his/her machine so you can decide?

I would be happy to allow you to drive mine but google maps tells me it would be a 220 mile drive for you.

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great Idea. I Think I know someone no to far away. Thanks!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!