CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I originally was going to send my R shocks to shock therapy for revalving and springs and for them to add the Fox IQS system. Then I called a different company and talked to them about it. They told me they could do all that but, they didn’t want to sell me the IQS because there have been failures of the solenoids in the shocks and you might switch to medium and only 3 would switch. He basically talked me out of spending $2k more to save me the issues! I sent my shocks off today and should have them back next Friday or the following Monday.
Come on, Dude, who izzit - spill. 😎

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you get the factory shocks properly tuned you will feel a difference as well..... Your statement provides zero facts. Care to explain to the class why its actually better? Or do you just feel the need to say that because you spent 2k more on a Talon than one without live valve?

That live valve crap is gimmicky as fawk. The only other place I see anything like it offered to the public is in the bolt on mall crawler Jeep world. If it costs more it must be better..... :rolleyes:
Ahh Polaris

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I currently have a Pioneer 1000-5, great machine but the wife is jealous of our friends X3s and RZR Turbos.... i say hell to both of them and took her to see a Talon, shes on board. My question is 20 or 21 and X or R. Has anyone ridden in both? Is the live valve worth it? Its only 2k more, a friend of mine has the talon X4 with live valve but ive never driven/ridden one without. Whats the concensus?
The ride in the X4 is superior to the X2....

Reactions: RB3offroad
Iowamike

Iowamike

May 31, 2020
Dubuque Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon X
Not knocking on the Pioneer at all here ( I owned one ), but when you go to the Talon even if you leave it stock it will be a big improvement in ride. I couldn't be happier with mine. Worth noting I ride Northern Wisconsin trails. My dealership actually thought the riding I do would not warrant the live valve. Only other states I have rode in are Iowa and the Western part of Pennsylvania. PA was the most fun because they have big hills, Northern WI. not so much. Just my 2 cents.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I went with the X non live valve and love it. We ride TIGHT WV trails so the X is a bit smaller so it works for us. I changed to the tender springs and am very happy with the ride. it is not super smooth but far from bad and still handles well.
I agree. I also ride in WV and TN, and KY. Hatfield trails are open and great. But if you go on the unmarked trails, or outlaw trails, you probably want an X. The tender spring swap is fairly easy. I'd never messed with shocks before but I did mine on my own after watching TerryH video. Also, you will want to put a lot more extras on the Talon. If you save the $2K, you can spend that on all the other stuff like a windshield, winch, side bars, but you get it, you already have a Pioneer. So I'm sure you have tossed some extras on it. Enjoy whatever you get.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did the 20 VS 21 suspension travel change?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!