P700 LOST MY KEYS

V

VADER

Feb 10, 2016
knox,ky
GUYS I HAVE MISPLACED THE KEYS TO MY PIONEER...I FORGOT TO WRITE THE KEY CODE DOWN...IS THEIR ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO TO FIGURE IT OUT OR GET A NEW KEY WITHOUT REPLACING THE KEY SWITCH?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
GUYS I HAVE MISPLACED THE KEYS TO MY PIONEER...I FORGOT TO WRITE THE KEY CODE DOWN...IS THEIR ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO TO FIGURE IT OUT OR GET A NEW KEY WITHOUT REPLACING THE KEY SWITCH?

I think the dealer can get the key with the VIN#

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think if you look at your owner's manual it has a diagram showing where the VIN, Engine Number and Key Number are stamped on the frame.

OK, my mistake. I looked at the book and it has VIN, Engine and Color but you can get the key number with the VIN if you call Honda or check with a dealer. They should be able to get it. They are going to need some proof of ownership I would guess before they give you the key number.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
H

HondaTech

Key number should be on the side of the ignition switch. 6 or 7 digit number, key cutter will need last 3 digits. Should be a letter then 2 numbers. A/B/C/D and 00-99. dealers cannot get key codes with VINS, unless the dealer you bought it from records it down on their major unit inventory like we do.

Reactions: Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!