Lumens, watts, and LED's

Tim2

Tim2

Sep 18, 2015
Franklinton, N.C.
QUOTE Arrow 10x10="jay dawge, post: 28293, member: 2912"]Do you have any photos of the light bar setup? I have the strong made bumper and I am considering putting a light bar on it, also did you use the honda wiring harness and sub harness?[ QUOTEArrow 10x10]
Do you have any photos of the light bar setup? I have the strong made bumper and I am considering putting a light bar on it, also did you use the honda wiring harness and sub harness?

Here is the set-up I have.

Attachments

• loaded on the trailer.jpg
    loaded on the trailer.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 133
  • arrow-10x10.png
    arrow-10x10.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 122
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok so I finally bought another light bar but I still have a question for the wiring experts out there- how do I determine what size fuse is required? It's a 132 watt light bar and I'd like to add a fuse because for some reason it didn't come with one. Is there a formula to figure out the correct size?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok so I finally bought another light bar but I still have a question for the wiring experts out there- how do I determine what size fuse is required? It's a 132 watt light bar and I'd like to add a fuse because for some reason it didn't come with one. Is there a formula to figure out the correct size?
Divide watts by volts. 132/12=11. 15amp fuse. Led doesn't do the typical high drain that incandescent bulbs do it's more even so usually you can get by with less.

Last edited:
Tim2

Tim2

Sep 18, 2015
Franklinton, N.C.
QUOTEArrow 10x10="jay dawge, post: 28293, member: 2912"]Do you have any photos of the light bar setup? I have the strong made bumper and I am considering putting a light bar on it, also did you use the honda wiring harness and sub harness?[ QUOTEArrow 10x10]

No I did my own wiring by tapping into the different 12 V. power supply I wanted to use.
Back light on the switches are tapped into the headlight switch so that they light-up when the headlights are turned on.
The winch relay is tapped into the ing. switch so it will only work if the switch is on. (I only plan to use my winch when the unit is running. If at all possible.) All my lights are powered by the battery trough a line that is run from the battery to a relay.

Attachments

• arrow-10x10.png
    arrow-10x10.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 110

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!