P1000 Lurking for while...time to start asking stupid questions!!

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wondering if I should move the turn signal kit (XTC) to the secondary battery as well and add one of these mythical relays (Viair 93940) on the posi-tap wire between the ACC wire (balc-white) and my accessory fuse block? Or did I just create another fire ;)

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would power everything from the fuse block. Run hot from battery 2 to 50 amp solenoid then to the fuse block. Activate the solenoid with a rocker switch or ignition wire. Anything that is not a factory item should draw power from the fuse block. When in doubt use a 10amp fuse.

Some will say to add a battery isolator i personally don't think it is that big of a deal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm not sure what's happening with the drawing of hot wires going towards the factory harness
Guess my plan is to ask all the dumb questions and post fire causing electrical diagrams in this thread and start a separate build thread that makes me look like a genius...should have gotten a second account ;) Ah well, please find my first attempt attached...still somewhat confused on the concept of relays...hence I left them out! Won't touch the electrical till the wife and kids leave me for their trip east (3 weeks from now) a broken down Bob right now wouldn't go over well...plus still lots of stuff to install that can't catch on fire ;)

View attachment 79697

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure what's happening with the drawing of hot wires going towards the factory harness

Might back feed dash

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hoping this makes a bit more sense and less fire!! Not electrically gifted, so it's more a physical representation.

Bob electrical 2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!